Head of People Operations
The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a much broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to insurance claims adjusters to first responders. The opportunity ahead of us is significant, and the ability to hire, retain, and maximize the potential of our people is the most critical factor that will determine our success as a company.
We’re looking for an experienced people operations leader to spearhead an employee-oriented, high-performance culture. As our Head of People Operations, you will report directly to the CEO as a key member of the leadership team, overseeing all functions of HR including talent acquisition and optimization, compensation, benefits, and reward programs, as well as HR systems, technology, tools, data housing, and compliance programs.
How you'll make an impact:
- Define, develop, and lead Skydio’s People Operations org in support of a world-class team with diverse skills across many disciplines.
- Develop and own the delivery of core people processes, programs, and infrastructure systems that strike an effective balance between industry best practices and Skydio-specific challenges, opportunities, and organizational goals.
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee issues on an individual and systematic basis.
- Provide coaching, counseling, and training to the CEO, leadership teams, and employees.
- Drive continued development of our work environment and culture to maintain a sense of opportunity, collaboration, freshness, and fun.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations.
- Oversee HR platform services.
- Bachelors or Masters in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- People operations leadership experience in support of high-performance teams operating in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Thorough knowledge of employment law, compensation best practices, organizational planning & development, and employee relations.
- Proven track record of building and improving operational processes and procedures, including demonstrable experience selecting and implementing new HR systems from scratch and for scale.
- Broad spectrum interpersonal skills, ranging from warm/friendly communication, to the ability to mediate, negotiate, and creatively support employees at all levels.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders and advocate change through influence and data rather than authority. Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done, and taking part in deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Creative analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Applicant should have an understanding of cultural, racial, and gender unconscious biases.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.