Electrical Rework Technician
The Skydio Prototyping Lab is looking for an enthusiastic, diligent, and detail-oriented electrical rework technician to help support the bringup and launch of a fleet of intelligent aerial vehicles that will bring the power and sophistication of truly autonomous flight to a very broad audience.
How you'll make an impact:
- Handle lab requests for modification and testing of PCBAs, flex circuits, and related components including fly wiring and deadbugging, 0201 and other passives, small BGA packages, QFN, SOT, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of requirements by interfacing with individuals across multiple product development disciplines
- Implement improvements to lab equipment and processes relating to SMT and board reworks
- Inventory management of lab supplies
- Mechanical assembly/disassembly of prototypes
- Professional level SMT rework capabilities
- Experience with hot air rework and skilled in fine pitch hand soldering
- Able to work comfortably with wiring down to 40awg
- Comfortable using microscopes for long durations to perform delicate tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Basic understanding of schematics and board files. Ability to interpret board files and match traces/components to actual PCBAs
- Skilled use of typical electrical lab tools such as multimeters, power supplies, ethernet hardware, oscilloscopes, etc
- Ability to use and understand models in CAD, ability to modify CAD parts and propose changes is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.