Program Manager - Federal
Redwood City /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are looking for a driven Program Manager with a deep sense of ownership to lead and drive all aspects of implementation and delivery for our federal customers. You will be Skydio’s federal customer liaison and broadly responsible for the success of our contracts to include: cost, performance, scheduling, project planning, technical execution, risk management and problem solving. Internally, you work hand in hand with Engineering and Sales to develop plans, solve problems and communicate risk and progress to executives. A successful candidate will become an indispensable bridge between federal customers and Skydio’s extremely agile and world class technical teams. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Customer success and will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Sales functions to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions on schedule.
How you'll make an impact:
- Be a highly collaborative, requirements driven planner with a deep sense of ownership and accountability and willing to roll up sleeves and dive into the details.
- Understand customer requirements and translate them to Skydio’s agile technical team to drive development and delivery execution.
- Establish relationships with Government customers and be technical enough to build & drive plans with Skydio’s engineering team’s to meet milestones.
- Inform Skydio and customer business and program leaders regarding contract management risks and opportunities, ensuring a coordinated and comprehensive approach to service delivery across the program.
- Be a SME in Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements and other Government contracting regulations to ensure Skydio compliance.
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong focus on project management tools and concepts.
- Proven track record of implementing new technology, agile development and interfacing with technical teams to deliver on customer schedules.
- Successful management of services contracts and/or projects within the Department of Defense or other Federal Customers.
- Experience with firm fixed price, indefinite demand indefinite delivery contracts and Other Transaction Authority Agreements
- Experience with DOD and commercial Unmanned Aircraft Systems and related software development.
- Government Program Management experience, to include: Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, Acquisition Planning, and Budget Planning.
- Understanding of the DoD acquisition process, the FAR, and DFAR
- Ability to address complex procurement related matters and recommend solutions to acquisition challenges
- Ability to obtain Secret or Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Ability to obtain Part 107 certificate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.