Firmware Engineer (PHY)
Redwood City /
Hardware – Wireless /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We’re looking for an experienced Firmware Engineer responsible for optimizing drone radios for long range operation in a highly congested environment.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will enhance and improve Skydio's wireless network solution, extending range and providing high speed and secured communication
- You will develop, implement and validate algorithms related to PHY and MAC optimizations aimed to improve performance KPI
Preferred Qualification & Skills :
- Experience with WLAN PHY and MAC level Firmware is preferred
- Strong understanding of WLAN protocols and performance metrics
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside System, Software and RF Engineers
- Strong debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to hardware
- Solid SW engineering foundation
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.