Prototyping Lab Technician
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented electromechanical problem solver to help support the bringup and launch of a fleet of intelligent aerial vehicles that will bring the power and sophistication of truly autonomous flight to a very broad audience.
How you'll make an impact:
- Technical and operational support in the bringup, testing, analysis, and maintenance of flying robots and related equipment
- Support subsystem testing with a core focus on PCBA rework and electrical troubleshooting
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, and software engineering teams to identify and resolve system issues through all stages of production, from initial prototyping through mass production
- Diagnose and correct electromechanical flight system failures and malfunctions both independently and as a collaborative member of the product engineering team
- Strong hands-on technical skills, including soldering, and demonstrated ability to work on 0201 size components under a microscope. Good debug skills using tools like a multimeter.
- Basic understanding of PCBA and electrical components. Ability to trace out circuits on PCBs and modify PCBAs using skills like drilling and cutting traces, running hook up wiring, and replacing components.
- Solid computer skills including documentation, web research, and executing linux commands.
- Attention to detail during assembly - ability to identify and propose solutions for issues as they arise.
- Ability to manage your own workload and proactively ensure that your teammates are receiving adequate support.
- Experience with various hand tools, manual machining and machine room tools (e.g. mill, lathe, band saw).
- Knowledge of fasteners and understanding tradeoffs of working with various materials.
- Mechanical design experience: 3d modeling (solidworks, CATIA, etc.) and 3d printing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.