Head of Supply Chain
Skydio is seeking an experienced leader of supply chain teams to build supplier relationships, grow the supply chain team at Skydio, and strengthen internal cross functional relationships with hardware and software engineering. The scope of the role includes commercial and technical responsibilities such as price negotiations, inventory management, design for manufacturing, and supplier quality.
How you will make an impact:
- Cultivate productive relationships with supply chain partners at an executive level, including sustaining existing relationships, evaluating technical capabilities and business risks of potential new partners, and developing new relationships
- Partner with cross functional leadership to align on top level strategic objectives and work with supply chain individual contributors to turn these into tangible plans and actions, including roles/responsibilities of individual contributors, supplier selection and consolidation, forecasting, inventory management, and cashflow management
- Partner with cross functional leadership to define a future vision of the Skydio supply chain team including number of team members, roles and responsibilities, and physical locations
- Manage supply chain inputs to S&OP including inventory plan and standard costing for components
- Manage supply chain inputs to budget for new product development projects, including estimating NRE, tooling, fixtures, and sample costs
- Mentor individual contributors and provide an escalation path for directing complex negotiations, should those include cost analysis, troubleshooting technical supplier problems, and resolving quality issues
- Build escalation path with hardware leadership to discuss cost tradeoffs for engineering and design decisions as well as resolve issues including quality, manufacturability, supplier selection
- Facilitate professional development of supply chain team members including regular feedback and career discussions.
- 5+ years of experience in a supply chain leadership role with familiar of key technologies and processes, including contract manufacturing, AI processors and associated electronics, cameras, and a variety of mechanical parts / assemblies (injection molding, metal casting, etc.)
- Strong practical knowledge of and passion for developing a supply chain and leading a team in a start-up environment
- Ability to develop productive relationships with external partners and motivate them to do their best work (pro tip: the demo is an excellent relationship building tool)
- Ability to translate top level strategic goals into tactical plans and communicate these plans effectively to individual contributors
- Ability to prepare and present quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of sourcing alternatives, inventory plans, and cashflow plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively across various management levels and multiple geographies
- Interest in keeping up with emerging technologies spanning consumer electronics, aerospace, and robotics
- Strong ethics and professionalism
- Willingness to travel frequently to South China, Taiwan, or Vietnam
- Technical degree or related work experience preferred
- Ability to speak and understand Mandarin preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.