Mobile Engineer - Cross Platform
Truly autonomous drones are a new product category that demand a new kind of mobile experience. Forget complex joysticks and awkward tilt-controls: we are crafting completely novel interactions that leverage Skydio’s onboard intelligence to empower a much broader, more diverse audience of drone users from action enthusiasts to insurance claims adjusters to first responders.
How you'll make an impact:
- Build on the shared core which powers all of our our iOS and Android apps, our mobile SDKs, and even the Beacon.
- Define and implement cross-platform APIs to bridge between novel UI elements and the Skydio Autonomy Engine.
- Accelerate overall product development with features that empower all engineers to confidently keep mobile apps current.
- Work on big investments like combining the best 3D rendering technologies with Skydio’s unprecedented real-time scene awareness.
- Fluency with core C++ language features and development in a Linux environment.
- Enough Python experience to be dangerous.
- Experience building apps for both iOS and Android.
- Excitement about building a performant, robust engine to power the mobile experience of flying a drone.
- Appreciation for the value of code-review and other collaborative development practices.
- Our iOS and Android codebases are primarily written with Swift and Java respectively, using standard UI tools provided by each platform.
- Both apps run our C++ mobile core, an extension of the Skydio Autonomy Engine, which centralizes logic for much of the pre-flight and in-flight experience.
- We use Djinni to easily define complex APIs that bridge the C++ core with the iOS and Android codebases.
- A Python-based data specification system imparts simple extensibility to hardened, type-safe C++ mini-engines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.