Prevost Construction-Assistant Superintendent
San Diego, California
Southern California – Operations /
Full Time /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Prevost Construction is a San Diego-based general contractor specializing in commercial interior construction projects with an emphasis on life science, creative office, building repurposing, commercial multifamily, and high-end retail. Prevost guides and manages the entire construction process, carefully conducting each project from concept to completion with one goal in mind – an amazing customer experience. Prevost is part of Skyline Construction’s family of companies which includes 8 offices in 3 states throughout the country. This affords employees the opportunity to make an impact in a boutique and fast-growing organization, while also enjoying the benefits, resources, and support of a large construction company.
What’s in it for you?
There are three specific levels of this position, (AS1, AS2, and AS3) which will be assigned initially based on employee’s current skill level and abilities. An Assistant Superintendent (AS1) will perform general labor tasks and semi-skilled, hands-on work under the direction of the Project Superintendent. An Assistant Superintendent (AS3) will directly assist the Superintendent with their day-to-day activities and may, at times, run smaller projects. This position will report directly to the Director of Field Operations for project assignments, training, safety, and performance coaching. This position will work in the greater Los Angeles area.
We are seeking a self-motivated, hard-working individual who leads with curiosity and is eager to learn more about the industry and continue to grow their career. This individual must be a dedicated team player who takes ownership of their work and is willing to assist wherever needed. The ideal candidate should be career-oriented, understanding that possessing a desire to learn and grow is key to advancing in this position.
What will you be doing?
• Jobsite setup including proper placement of all logistical equipment and signage
• Time Management- Demonstrate and display the ability to manage time, on time or early to open and close job sites as required.
• Establish relationships with the Building Engineer and neighboring tenants to ensure good rapport for the duration of the project
• Assist or act as temporary supervisor in absence of Project Superintendent for short periods of time or nightly activities
• Prepare the site for all scheduled inspections
• Assist in resolving correction notice items with subcontractors • Demonstrate ability to call for and walk with inspector on day of inspection
• Prepare and distribute field reports for the Jobsite Safety Inspection Checklist (JSIC) and Daily Field Report (PROCORE)
• Effectively utilize the MS Word, MS Excel, and Bluebeam REVU programs to create reports, Procore and manipulate PDF drawings
• Actively participate and manage the punch list and see through to completion in a timely manner
• Effectively move off all company property from site and store in our warehouse facility
• Assist and manage final cleaning of site in preparation for delivery to end user
• Accurately and timely submit all the necessary information to the appropriate accounting department including jobsite material purchase orders, and personal payroll
- General understanding of construction strongly preferred
- Ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced, safe environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines and display proactive communication
- Demonstrate professional growth desires by actively participating in learning opportunities
- Flexibility with changing priorities and responsibilities to support the team wherever needed
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability to work days, nights and weekends to support project schedule needs
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
$23 - $36 an hour
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $23/hr to $36/hr* The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement and profit sharing plans. You can learn more Here.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $23/hr and $36/hr. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.