Project Manager - Commercial Interiors
Chicago, Illinois /
Illinois – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together.”
What’s in it for you?
Direct your own projects
Our Project Managers sell, estimate, schedule, manage and oversee all aspects of their own construction projects. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where your earning potential is directly tied to your profitability on projects, this role is for you.
Lead a dynamic team
You will be responsible for building and mentoring your team of Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Coordinators.
Build industry relationships
You will establish your own book of business while forging relationships with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers and subcontractors. You will attend client presentations, networking events, and industry functions as a representative of the company.
What will you be doing?
Skyline’s Project Managers oversee complex commercial construction projects. In this role, you will head a team of talented construction professionals to turn your client’s vision into reality. A successful Project Manager will use their experience and leadership to drive a project to completion- safely and efficiently.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, as a Project Manager, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, clients.
As a Project Manager, you will serve in the following areas:
- Prepare bids, budgets and respond to formal RFPs.
- Participate in interviews to secure new work.
- Lead pricing, value engineering, site selection investigations and building assessments.
- Develop site logistics plans.
- Create detailed project schedules in conjunction with superintendents.
- Serve as the client point of contact.
- Establishing and maintaining client, subcontractor, and industry relationships.
- Oversee procurement, cost, and change management during project.
- Lead weekly project meetings with client and subcontractors.
- Manage punch list and oversee project closeout.
- Manage all aspects of project accounting, financial projections and reporting, and AR collections.
- 5+ years of construction experience including supervising/managing project superintendents and project staff.
- Experience managing medium to large, complex and/or multiple jobs at one time.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with major coursework in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Development of client relationships, sales/business development for new opportunities.
- Mentor colleagues and participate in annual staff reviews.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Procore, Timberline, PlanGrid, BlueBeam and PlanGrid.
- Strong project estimating and scheduling skills.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.