Santa Clara, California /
Northern California – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together.”
What’s in it for you?
The Project Executive is a key member of the Executive Management team, and will report to the Vice President. In this position, the Project Executive will assume a strategic role in the Operations group and be integral in assisting the Vice President in the management of company Operations. The Project Executive is responsible for managing a business unit or group within Skyline Construction’s core service offerings. The Project Executive is responsible for the overall financial performance of the business unit or group assigned to the Project Executive.
- Project Executive is expected to have a “book of business” of existing clients. Although Skyline has Sales personnel, the Project Executive is expected to bring in project opportunities from existing or newly developed relationships.
- Project Executive is expected to secure and deliver a certain amount of work.
- Project Executive is a “hands-on” position whereby individual will be expected to manage work. As volume and profitability will dictate, Project Executive shall build their team with Project Manager(s), Assistant Project Manager(s) and Project Engineer(s) as approved by President, to assist in delivery of work.
- Responsible for their group’s Profit & Loss (P & L) performance.
- Be a technical and administrative resource to Skyline employees regardless of group.
- Overall responsibility for delivery of their group’s projects.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures.
- Development of their own book of business pertaining to their group.
- Lead pre-construction services for their group.
- Overall responsibility for all estimates/bids for their group.
- Active in project buyout.
- Leads project kickoff meeting with the General Superintendent and/or Project Superintendent.
- Works with the Account Executive in obtaining client feedback on project performance.
- Keeps the Account Executive informed on their group’s bids and projects.
- Allocates projects to staff within their group and oversees the group’s project management process for all projects.
- Oversees the submittal, RFI, and closeout process
- Make recommendations regarding staffing, developmental needs, position evaluations, and compensation.
- Leads and enforces the corporate safety program.
- Development and maintenance of employee mentoring and training programs, for employee development and growth.
- Coordinate project mobilization, demobilization, and equipment needs.
- Works with the accounting department to resolve all project cost issues.
- Visit each job site and attend the Subcontractor progress meetings as required in order to have working knowledge of current project status and issues.
- Attend all regular Owner meetings.
- Assist the Project Managers (PMs) and Superintendents working within their group with resolution of specific issues and requests.
- Perform monthly project reviews with each Project Manager/Team member.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Sr. Project Manager or similar position doing work in commercial Tenant Improvements, Mission Critical, Building Infrastructure or Healthcare with P&L responsibility.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in construction management, engineering, or a related field preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Commercial Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting such as income statements, project administration, LEED certifications, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Must have at least 5 years experience supervising more than 5 employees such as Superintendents, Project Managers, and Project Support staff.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally, in order to maintain the superior reputation of the firm.
- Must have experience with direct supervision running multiple projects.
- Project Executive is expected to participate and help develop the strategic plan and mentor his/her staff on participating in company short, mid, and long-range plans.
- Project Executive must adhere to the company value system of Why we exist vs. What we build. Why first, What second.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Knowledge of a diversified portfolio of construction types.
- Skill in the use of computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and project scheduling applications.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information and in proactively finding solutions for construction projects.
- Ability to read architectural / engineering plans and specifications.
- CPM scheduling experience and estimating experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
$150,000 - $250,000 a year
The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement and profit sharing plans. You can learn more Here.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $150,000 and $250,000. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.