Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Interiors
Washington – Operations /
Full Time /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together.”
What’s in it for you?
Learn to Lead
Our Assistant Project Managers are up and coming leaders in the industry. With your knowledge and connections, you will now manage your own small-to-medium sized projects, while also working under the lead of a Project Manager to receive exposure on larger, more technical projects. In addition, you will work closely with our Superintendents in the field to manage a diversified portfolio of ongoing work.
Honing you and your team
As you gain insight from Project Managers and Superintendents, you will also step into a mentoring role. Fresh-faced Project Engineers and interns will look to you for guidance, and, by mentoring them, you will build up a capable, agile team of commercial construction experts.
Build industry relationships
You will continue to build relationships within the commercial construction industry- not only with your fellow experts at Skyline, but with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers, and subcontractors.
What will you be doing?
Skyline’s Assistant Project Manager are an important element to our team. You have the technical knowledge to handle smaller scale projects, while also mentoring emerging Project Engineers. In this role, you will wear many hats, all while ensuring your projects are completed in a safe, efficient manner.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, clients.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will serve in the following areas:
- Schedule and attend job walks.
- Identify subs, prepare bidder RFPs and qualify bids.
- Assist in creating project schedules.
- Prepare subcontractor agreements and keep insurance certificates current.
- Assist with permit process and city inspections.
- Prepare meeting minutes and weekly status reports.
- Identify, track, and assist with preparing project potential change orders (PCO’s).
- Assist Project Managers with updating project budgets and forecasts.
- Track, review and maintain RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings and samples.
- Code all documents for jobsite filing.
- Complete project close out documentation and assist in punch list tracking and review.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with the daily management of a variety of construction projects.
- 3-5 years of construction experience, including 2 years as a Project Engineer or equivalent experience preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with major coursework in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures including project estimating and scheduling.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, On Screen Take-Off (OST), Microsoft Project, Procore, Blue Beam, PlanGrid preferred.
- Ability to communicate and present information to clients in meetings and formal interviews.
- Strong problem solving, organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to read architectural / engineering plans and specifications.
- Time Management: The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to ensure project success.
- Mentor colleagues and participate in annual staff reviews.
Perks and Benefits:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
$91,400 - $123,600 a year
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $91,400.00 to $123,600.00.* The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement and profit sharing plans. You can learn more Here.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $91,400 and $123,600. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
Please note, this job is considered an “evergreen” position. Our Talent Acquisition team is opening applications for this position, knowing that the need for Assistant Project Manager changes with project volume. As such, while we are not immediately hiring, we are curating a pool of excellent candidates for the future. By submitting your resume to this job posting, you acknowledge that it may take longer than expected to hear back from our TA team. Thank you for your interest in joining the Skyline team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.