Chicago, Illinois /
Illinois – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together.”
What’s in it for you?
Overseeing all site construction activities
The Foreman will work under the supervision of an assigned Assistant Superintendent, Superintendent or Senior Superintendent and act as the Company representative on site overseeing all site construction activities, supervising field personnel, and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
Assigned self-perform field tasks
Foreman will be responsible for assigned self-perform field tasks which may include but is not limited to; general cleaning, backing & blocking installation, doors/frames/hardware installation.
What will you be doing?
Skyline’s Foreman are on the ground, directing operations at all sizes of job sites. You have a finger on the pulse of the progress of projects, anticipating shifting circumstances on the field and ensuring completion of projects in a safe and timely manner. Your progress in the field will be communicated to the client and Skyline’s leadership.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, our clients.
As Foreman, you will serve in the following areas:
- In conjunction with assigned Superintendent or Senior Superintendent, participate in maintaining the construction schedule, identifying and solving problems as needed
- Perform and/or supervise performance of all self-perform work
- Ensure highest quality workmanship is provided
- Ability to communicate clearly to subcontractors and team members on site
- Coordinate construction activities with subcontractors according to schedule, plans and specifications as assigned
- Work to resolve coordination issues with subcontractors
- Take delivery of materials and stage as needed
- Help maintain construction schedule, identifying issues before they arise and thinking ahead to solve
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized job site, including the construction office
- 1-5 years of post-Journeyman level construction experience.
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to communicate issues effectively to Superintendent or Operations team as needed
- Always maintains a positive attitude
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to positively interact with various groups of stakeholders
- Must have basic knowledge and abilities in Microsoft Office Software
- Must have basic knowledge and abilities in Procore and other company software
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and plans
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)