Chicago, Illinois /
Illinois – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together."
What’s in it for you?
Learn every aspect of project management
Our project engineers are an integral part of our team. You will learn the facets of tenant improvement from industry leaders, while participating in multiple fast-paced projects. Armed with the tools, technology, and resources, you will grow along an established career path to succeed.
Hands on experience
This is not simply a desk job. You will build multiple skillsets and witness every part of the construction process, from project estimating through close out. To hone your well-rounded experience, you will work in the office and in the field. As you gain expertise, you will have the opportunity to manage your own low-risk projects.
Build industry relationships
You will begin to forge relationships within the commercial construction industry- not only with your fellow experts at Skyline, but with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers, and subcontractors.
What will you be doing?
Skyline’s Project Engineers drive complex commercial construction projects to completion. In this role, you will be on a team of talented construction professionals, working to turn your client’s vision into reality. You will use your technical skills and people skills to collaborate with a wide spectrum of people in the industry as you build your portfolio.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as Procore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, as a Project Engineer, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry.
As a Project Engineer, you will serve in the following areas:
- Set up and attend job walks.
- Prepare and qualify bids.
- Coordinate building access.
- Prepare meeting minutes and weekly status reports.
- Tracking and review of RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, samples, procurement and cost management.
- Completion of project start-up and close-out documents.
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with the daily management of a variety of construction projects.
- 2-4 years’ experience working as a Project Engineer with a commercial general contractor
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Construction Management preferred
- Knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, project scheduling, BlueBeam, Procore, PlanGrid and CAD preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written and graphic form.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to read architectural / engineering plans and specifications.
- Basic knowledge of project estimating & scheduling.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt behavior to meet the needs of the project to ensure project success.
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.