Prevost Construction - Superintendent - Commercial Reposition/Tenant Improvements - Ventura County
San Diego, California /
Southern California – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Prevost Construction is a San Diego-based general contractor specializing in commercial interior construction projects with an emphasis on life science, creative office, building repurposing, commercial multifamily, and high-end retail. Prevost guides and manages the entire construction process, carefully conducting each project from concept to completion with one goal in mind – an amazing customer experience. Prevost is part of Skyline Construction’s family of companies which includes 9 offices in 4 states throughout the country. This affords employees the opportunity to make an impact in a boutique and fast-growing organization, while also enjoying the benefits, resources, and support of a large construction company.
What’s in it for you?
Lead in the field
You will be the primary point of contact on the jobsite- a liaison between our client, building management, internal project teams, and subcontractors on field activities. You will be responsible for coordinating all site construction activities, supervising field personnel, and ensuring deadlines are met.
Forge industry relationships
You will interact with your industry contacts from a supervisory position- not only with your fellow experts at Skyline, but with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers, and subcontractors. You conduct yourself professionally and confidently as a representative of the company.
What will you be doing?
This is a strategic leadership role within the project team that is critical to creating environments for team members, partners, and clients to flourish. The Superintendent oversees all project related field activities including project schedule creation and management, quality control, and subcontractor communication and coordination. This role involves continuous collaboration with the Architect, Owner, and Project Management team members, and mentoring and leading Assistant Superintendents, Field Engineers, and other field/office team members. The superintendent will be assigned projects that align with their interests, experience, and career ambitions.
We are seeking a strong leader who is analytical, factual, direct and a decision maker. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and requiring the highest quality of work from others. Someone who understands people well,works at a fast pace and can make decisions quickly.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, our clients.
- 3+ years of experience as a Construction Superintendent in either: existing building renovations, lab tenant improvements, or office tenant improvements required
- A college degree and/or equivalent experience in the field as a skilled tradesperson required
- Tenant Improvements: Experience with projects in occupied buildings is required
- Life Science: Demonstrated practical experience in biotech and laboratories, including chemistry, biology, vivarium, cGMP manufacturing and clean rooms preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- A desire to grow, learn, and use technology for enhanced efficiency required
- Scheduling and coordinating subcontractors on job site from start to finish, with emphasis on high standards of quality and professionalism
- Demonstrated project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members in occupied buildings, along with strategic execution of high-end common area and building renovation work preferred
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office Suite are required
- OSHA, LEED and first aid certifications preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
**To be further considered for a position at Prevost/Skyline Construction, please be prepared to submit a project list. We would be happy to send you a template if that would be helpful!
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $80,000.00 to $130,00.00.* The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement and profit sharing plans. You can learn more Here.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $80,000 and $130,000. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.