Chicago, Illinois /
Illinois – Branding /
We’re looking for a best-in-class Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing Chicago office. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing industry-leading integrated marketing strategies that connect Skyline to our clients in new and exciting ways, differentiating ourselves from the status quo. This person will help our Sales and Operations team attract and retain clients, while building brand strength and awareness. The ideal candidate has a creative eye for visual storytelling with strong graphic design and writing skills. We are looking for someone who is strategic in developing marketing plans, while also tactical and hands-on in executing those strategies. This role will be a trusted partner to the President and Director of Operations located in Chicago, while reporting to the Vice President of Branding. This person will also participate in a broader national marketing team to share ideas, best practices and procedures across all offices.
If you are energized and excited at the thought of being instrumental in the rapid growth of an organization where your ideas and creativity will be valued, this role is for you!
Skyline Construction is a $650M commercial general contractor with 390+ people. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company has offices in Chicago, Seattle, San Diego, Santa Clara and San Francisco. The Chicago office opened 4 years ago and has seen tremendous growth over the past few years. The office is located in Chicago’s West Loop / Fulton Market area, with a close-knit culture of passionate construction experts. Skyline is a people-centric, 100% employee-owned company with an incredible stock-ownership program.
Some of Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Strategy – Develop an annual marketing plan with strategies to help grow the business.
- Project Management – Manage numerous day-to-day projects concurrently and coordinate the work of outside consultants and vendors.
- Pursuits – Serve as the proposal manager on all regional pursuits. Coordinate deliverables, create new written and designed content, assemble Request for Proposal packages, and ensure that all time sensitive deadlines are met. Actively manage teams through interview prep, presentation deck creation and post-interview debriefs.
- Social Media - Create and execute social media campaign strategies using a diverse mix of posts including stories, videos, photos, and polls to drive engagement.
- Public Relations – Seek opportunities for organic and paid media. Craft press releases and award submissions. Track coverage to ensure communication initiatives receive visibility and promotion.
- Content – Brainstorm content ideas with the Branding and Operations team based on the pulse of the industry and relevant topics.
- Website – Keep Chicago’s website presence current through WordPress updates to project galleries, awards, team members and more.
- Events - Work with Sales, Operations and/or HR to participate in industry and recruiting events. Coordinate strategy, invitations, venues, promotion, food and beverage to see events through to fruition. Serve as the company representative at business events.
- Salesforce – Oversee the maintenance and accuracy of the CRM database of contacts, leads, opportunities and projects while working with Operations and Sales to create reports and dashboards.
- Printed Materials – Ensure consistency in branded merchandise, signage, content and messaging internally and externally.
- Client Retention - Provide ongoing client surveys to determine differentiators, perception, project satisfaction, etc.
We Are Excited About You Because You:
- Have a strong marketing background with expertise in writing, PR and/or communications.
- Possess a natural eye for design and have full knowledge of the Adobe suite.
- Are a strong leader who can speak up, present ideas and articulate thoughts to leadership.
- Can easily take direction from multiple stakeholders and roll up your sleeves to work independently.
- Are creative by nature with a drive to innovate and differentiate.
- Have excellent organization and attention to detail and can juggle multiple projects without breaking a sweat when faced with numerous deadlines.
- Have demonstrated the ability to organize proposal efforts and work collaboratively in a team environment under tight deadlines.
- Are an excellent communicator to all levels of management as well as technical staff.
- Are flexible and a team player.
- Are discreet and able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- 6+ years of applicable experience, A/E/C industry experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills & a positive attitude.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills required.
- Strong design eye and graphic design skills.
- Expert skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator with an eye for clean design.
- Salesforce or similar CRM experience.
- Proficiency in platforms such as OpenAsset, HubSpot, Constant Contact, WordPress, SurveyMonkey, etc. strongly preferred.
- All applicants should submit a link to their portfolio when applying for this position.
- Candidates may be asked during the interview process to perform a written and visual assessment.
- Local candidates with experience in Chicago are preferred.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Phone reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.