Superintendent - Commercial Interiors
San Francisco, California
Northern California – Operations /
Full Time /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Come join us at Skyline Construction, a leader in commercial interior construction founded in 1996. Today, Skyline operates multiple offices located throughout California, Washington, and Illinois. Skyline is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning General Contractor, with an award-winning CEO at the helm. We believe that we are “building better together.”
What’s in it for you?
Lead in the field
You will be the primary point of contact on the jobsite- a liaison between our client, building management, internal project teams, and subcontractors on field activities. You will be responsible for coordinating all site construction activities, supervising field personnel, and ensuring deadlines are met.
Forge industry relationships
You will interact with your industry contacts from a supervisory position- not only with your fellow experts at Skyline, but with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers, and subcontractors. You conduct yourself professionally and confidently as a representative of the company.
What will you be doing?
Skyline’s Superintendents are on the ground, directing operations at all sizes of job sites. You have a finger on the pulse of the progress of projects, anticipating shifting circumstances on the field and ensuring completion of projects in a safe and timely manner. Your progress in the field will be communicated to the client and Skyline’s leadership.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, our clients.
As Superintendent, you will serve in the following areas:
- Establish and maintain construction schedule, identifying and solving problems as needed.
- Direct all field personnel and activities in accordance with project schedule through completion of final punch list.
- Ensure the highest quality workmanship is provided.
- Order materials and schedule necessary inspections.
- Promote jobsite safety, encourage safe work practices, and rectify jobsite hazards.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, contractors, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance with company safety policy by all employees and contractors.
- 8-10 years of superintendent experience required.
- High school diploma required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Strong organizational skills including maintaining an organized job site and construction office.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present ideas effectively during client interviews and project meetings.
- Professional interpersonal skills to work with diverse personalities.
- Must present and conduct yourself in a professional manner as a representative of our company brand and culture.
- Strong writing and effective listening skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop realistic and timely solutions factoring in risk, implications, and cost.
- Must be active on the jobsite to interact with subcontractors and validate work in progress.
- Must comply with the provisions of our Auto/Fleet Safety Program with a current valid driver's license.
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
$144,000 - $165,000 a year
Please note, this job is considered an “evergreen” position. Our Talent Acquisition team is opening applications for this position, knowing that the need for Superintendent changes with project volume. As such, while we are not immediately hiring, we are curating a pool of excellent candidates for the future. By submitting your resume to this job posting, you acknowledge that it may take longer than expected to hear back from our TA team. Thank you for your interest in joining the Skyline team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.