Prevost Construction - Sr. Project Manager - Ground-up Construction
San Diego, California /
Southern California – Operations /
Skyline is Building Better Together
Prevost Construction is a San Diego-based general contractor specializing in commercial interior construction projects with an emphasis on life science, creative office, building repurposing, commercial multifamily, and high-end retail. Prevost guides and manages the entire construction process, carefully conducting each project from concept to completion with one goal in mind – an amazing customer experience. Prevost is part of Skyline Construction’s family of companies which includes 9 offices in 4 states throughout the country. This affords employees the opportunity to make an impact in a boutique and fast-growing organization, while also enjoying the benefits, resources, and support of a large construction company.
What’s in it for you?
Direct your own projects
Our Sr. Project Managers sell, estimate, schedule, manage and oversee all aspects of their own construction projects. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where your earning potential is directly tied to your profitability on projects, this role is for you.
Lead a dynamic team
You will be responsible for building and mentoring your team of Assistant Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Coordinators.
Build industry relationships
You will establish your own book of business while forging relationships with clients, architects, construction managers, brokers, property managers and subcontractors. You will attend client presentations, networking events, and industry functions as a representative of the company.
What will you be doing?
The Sr. Project Manager will provide leadership and oversight for a variety of projects, working closely with the client, design team and Prevost project team. The Sr. Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a project, from development through close out. You must have strong communication and organizational skills, demonstrate experience in estimating, scheduling, and the ability to manage project team members with emphasis on high standards of quality and professionalism. We are currently looking for candidates with demonstrated experience and a history of completed ground-up projects.
Due to the specific nature of this work, we are looking for candidates that can demonstrate project experience entailing high level communications with multiple team members along with strategic execution of steel-framed commercial ground-up projects.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual who enjoys leading and working collaboratively with others, who is big picture and strategic in their thinking. Someone who understands people well, works at a fast pace and can make decisions quickly.
Our teams use a variety of tools, such as ProCore, Bluebeam, and Microsoft platforms to keep them on the cutting edge of construction management. Additionally, as a Sr. Project Manager, you will interact with professionals from all levels of the industry and, most importantly, clients.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will serve in the following areas:
- Prepare bids, budgets and respond to formal RFPs.
- Participate in interviews to secure new work.
- Lead pricing, value engineering, site selection investigations and building assessments.
- Develop site logistics plans.
- Create detailed project schedules in conjunction with superintendents.
- Serve as the client point of contact.
- Establishing and maintaining client, subcontractor, and industry relationships.
- Oversee procurement, cost, and change management during project.
- Lead weekly project meetings with client and subcontractors.
- Manage punch list and oversee project closeout.
- Manage all aspects of project accounting, financial projections and reporting, and AR collections.
- 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager in commercial construction projects
- Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager for commercial ground-up projects
- Project estimating experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members along with strategic execution of high detailed Life Science projects
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, MS Project, and Procore is preferred
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in project cost forecasting and management is required
- Demonstrated project team leadership skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Valid California driver’s license, Class C and current automobile insurance required
Perks and Benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
**To be further considered for a position at Prevost/Skyline Construction, please be prepared to submit a project list. We would be happy to send you a template if that would be helpful!
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $130,000.00 to $175,00.00.* The actual salary offer will be carefully considered based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for health, disability, life, dental, vision along with retirement and profit sharing plans. You can learn more Here.
*Please note that the full base pay range for incumbent employees in this position can be expected to fall between $130,000 and $175,000. New hires joining the company tend to be paid within the starting base pay range noted above, with opportunities to increase pay overtime based on development of additional skills, competencies, and company-specific knowledge.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Company ID: 95992