Internship - Summer 2024
Washington – Internship /
Skyline’s Internship Program
Skyline’s robust internship program gives students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on, applied experience and make connections while exploring a career path in the commercial real estate industry. This is not a “paper pushing desk job”, but rather a chance to experience every aspect of construction from the pursuit of winning new work, through to the final execution of the project. You will get your hands dirty, wear many hats and you will be treated as a valued member of the team. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is empowered to think and act like a business owner. We will teach you the skills, you just need to have the drive and desire to learn and the work ethic to be an active, participating member of the team.
Benefits of our Internship program:
· Explore your interests in the commercial design and construction industry while gaining valuable experience.
· Apply theory and knowledge into a real-life business setting.
· Develop new skills & confidence.
· Build your resume and career network.
· Determine if this industry excites you as a career path.
· Participate in team camaraderie through company events.
· Get paid for your time while learning and growing.
This internship will be useful and applicable for students who are interested in exploring the following career pathways.
Cost estimator, Superintendent, Project Manager, Scheduler, Skilled Trades (Drywall, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE:
Development, Property Management, Real Estate Brokerage
Skills you will learn
- Technology platforms like Procore, Plan Grid, Blue Beam, OpenSpace, Building Connected, etc.
- Communication and collaboration skills with company executives, clients, subcontractors, clients, and peers.
- Reading architectural and MEP drawings, learning about site safety, and attending project job walks.
- Full understanding of the building permitting process.
- Producing submittals, meeting minutes, progress photos, procurement logs and close out packages.
- Students must be Juniors or Seniors.
- Major in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineering.
The starting base pay for this position has a salary range of $24 to $27 per hour depending on school year and experience. The range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Company ID: 95992