Software Engineer (Frontend)
Skyral Group – Core Modelling & Development /
We Are Skyral:
We believe every decision maker can be empowered by technology. Skyral combines AI, leading edge simulation technology and world class expertise to transform the decision making experience. Our products and services enable faster and more confident decisions in a complex, unforgiving world. We deploy practical, intuitive and efficient solutions to governments and enterprises, delivering outstanding outcomes at the speed of relevance.
What We Do:
The Development Tools team focuses on creating tools that support and deliver modelling and data science as part of the Skyral-Core offering. We are a multi-disciplinary team covering the following core areas: an application development kit, base models that come with the platform, tools to help modellers build models more quickly and tools to help store, manage and process data.
This division takes all of the learnings and developments we have made in our customer projects, and shape them into new modelling products. We are seeking a Software Engineer to help develop these opportunities, and accelerate the development of frontend applications via a design system and reusable component library.
What We Are Looking For:
- Passionate about design systems and advocating for component libraries
- Experience in TypeScript/Node/Bun
- Proven expertise with React/Redux/MUI
- Exposure to reactive (e.g. RxJS and Observables) and map rendering libraries (e.g. Mapbox GL JS and deck.gl)
- Proficiency with containerized deployments (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Knowledge of PostGIS/OpenStreetMap is a plus
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Developing and maintaining a design system consisting of reusable component libraries, style guides and guidelines.
- Working with designers to contribute to the design system.
- Collaborating with solution delivery teams, gathering technical requirements and developing reusable tools.
- Participating in every aspect of the engineering workflow. In addition to writing code, you will do code reviews, prototyping, brainstorming concepts, technology selection, design and documentation.
- Marketing and sharing the value the team is delivering via demos, clinics and release overview sessions.
Note: Please feel empowered to apply for this position, even if you think you may only align with some of the qualities listed above. Your unique skills and perspectives could be just what we’re looking for.
What We Can Offer You:
Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Working - We understand that a one-size-fits-all approach to work hours doesn’t suit everyone. At Skyral, we’re not bound by the traditional 9-to-5 model. Intead, we focus on results. It's up to you and your manager to collaborate on determining a work schedule that suits your needs, whether in the office or through a hybrid model arrangement.
Honest Conversations About Compensation - We are actively recruiting for various positions and considering candidates with diverse levels of experience. Skyral maintains a well defined salary range which a member of our Talent Team will discuss with you during the first initial call.
Unlimited Paid Holiday - At Skyral, we recognise the dedication and individual circumstances of our team members. We value and support the need to maintain a work-life balance, whether it’s taking time off during school holidays to be with your children, or simply having the flexibility to enjoy extended weekends without the stress of monitoring your remaining days off.
Private Medical & Dental Insurance - Your health and wellbeing is our priority. Skyral is partnered with Bupa and from day one you are covered with a Level 3 policy.
Enhanced Parental Leave - 26 weeks Maternity and 4 weeks Paternity leave at full pay.
£150 Monthly Spending Allowance - Delivered through Mastercard, you will receive a tax-free allowance of £150 every month to spend on whatever you like.
Cash Bonuses - As Skyral thrives and achieves ongoing success, our leadership team is committed to ensuring that employees reap the rewards. We believe in recognising your hard work and dedication with monetary bonuses.
Everything Else - Company Pension, Company Swag, Employee Assistance Programme.
At Skyral, we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We also ensure that individuals with disabilities have access to reasonable adjustments. If you require such accommodations during the job application process we ask that you inform a member of our Talent Team.