Software Engineer (Modelling)
Skyral Defence UK – Customer Engineering /
We Are Skyral:
We believe every decision maker can be empowered by technology. Skyral combines AI, leading edge simulation technology and world class expertise to transform the decision making experience. Our products and services enable faster and more confident decisions in a complex, unforgiving world. We deploy practical, intuitive and efficient solutions to governments and enterprises, delivering outstanding outcomes at the speed of relevance.
Please note, due to the nature of this role, we can not consider applications from individuals who are not living in the UK with the full right to work without the need for sponsorship.
What We Do:
The Model Engineering team is responsible for developing and implementing models and simulations used in our customer projects. These models typically encode real-life systems and behaviours, allowing users to analyse performance and test different scenarios. We have a broad range of roles and activities, depending on your experience and preferences you may be developing models yourself or productionising prototype models developed by our applied scientists.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience writing production quality code and adhering to software best practices, most of the code is written in Python with some C++ when needed.
- Familiarity with mathematical modelling paradigms (e.g. systems dynamics,
- event-based modelling, agent-based modelling) and associated simulation tools.
- Knowledge of Python and tools/libraries for modelling, data analysis and scientific
- computing (e.g. NumPy, Pandas, SciPy).
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Transform prototype models into scalable, resilient and high performing systems.
- Crafting and deploying algorithms that produce realistic modelling outcomes
- Construct data pipelines to collect, amalgamate and incorporate data from various sources, facilitating access for simulation engines and user interfaces.
- Create tools that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of model developers.
- Monitor, assess and enhance model performance to achieve higher levels of speed and scalability.
Note: Please feel empowered to apply for this position, even if you think you may only align with some of the qualities listed above. Your unique skills and perspectives could be just what we’re looking for.
What We Can Offer You:
Flexible Working Hours and Hybrid Working - We understand that a one-size-fits-all approach to work hours doesn’t suit everyone. At Skyral, we’re not bound by the traditional 9-to-5 model. Intead, we focus on results. It's up to you and your manager to collaborate on determining a work schedule that suits your needs, whether in the office or through a hybrid model arrangement.
Honest Conversations About Compensation - We are actively recruiting for various positions and considering candidates with diverse levels of experience. Skyral maintains a well defined salary range which a member of our Talent Team will discuss with you during the first initial call.
Unlimited Paid Holiday - At Skyral, we recognise the dedication and individual circumstances of our team members. We value and support the need to maintain a work-life balance, whether it’s taking time off during school holidays to be with your children, or simply having the flexibility to enjoy extended weekends without the stress of monitoring your remaining days off.
Private Medical & Dental Insurance - Your health and wellbeing is our priority. Skyral is partnered with Bupa and from day one you are covered with a Level 3 policy.
Enhanced Parental Leave - 26 weeks Maternity and 4 weeks Paternity leave at full pay.
£150 Monthly Spending Allowance - Delivered through Mastercard, you will receive a tax-free allowance of £150 every month to spend on whatever you like.
Cash Bonuses - As Skyral thrives and achieves ongoing success, our leadership team is committed to ensuring that employees reap the rewards. We believe in recognising your hard work and dedication with monetary bonuses.
Everything Else - Company Pension, Company Swag, Employee Assistance Programme.
At Skyral, we are committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We also ensure that individuals with disabilities have access to reasonable adjustments. If you require such accommodations during the job application process we ask that you inform a member of our Talent Team.