San Francisco or Remote /
At Slab, we are on a mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose. Our main product is a knowledge hub that thousands of modern teams depend on every day. It features a beautiful editor, blazing fast search, and dozens of integrations. We are backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
In this role, you will be driving product initiatives through engineering while keeping quality high in our codebase. You will receive input on product and design requirements, while being responsible for the details of the execution. Our codebase is relatively small and clean, and we are always open to improving our style and practices!
What we value
Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
Technologies We Use
• React + Redux
• GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
• Phoenix + Elixir
• Docker + Kubernetes
• Google Compute Platform
We are looking for both depth in one part of the stack or breadth across a wide portion.
Sound like You?
• You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
• You have experience solving complex problems within a professional software development team
• You consider multiple ways to implement a change and choose the best one based on trade-offs
• You are passionate about certain technologies and have extensive domain expertise
• You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
• You love to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
• You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
• You identify with Slab's mission and values
If you are a previous start-up founder, open-source contributor, college dropout, or came to software engineering from a totally different field, we'd love to hear your story.
Compensation and Benefits
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 7-year option exercise window
• $5k desk setup of your choice
• Free catered lunch (5x per week)
• Flexible work arrangements
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.