San Francisco or Remote
At Slab, we build beautiful software for teams. We believe that a team's ability to store and organize information ultimately defines their ability to execute. Slab is like a knowledge base or wiki, but reimagined to be fast, intuitive, and powerful. We think of it as a long-term memory for teams.
We are a small team of experienced developers and designers, on a mission to make work easier. Our CEO is the creator and maintainer of Quill, a popular open-source rich text editor, and sold a previous company focused on collaboration. Slab's approach to work is inspired by companies that have a big impact while staying relatively small. We embrace remote and flexible work arrangements.
In this role, you will be driving product initiatives through engineering while keeping quality high in our codebase. You will receive input on product and design requirements, while being responsible for the details of the execution. Our codebase is relatively small and clean, and we are always open to improving our style and practices!
Slab is backed by top tier investors including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
Technologies We Use
• React + Redux
• GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
• Phoenix + Elixir
• Docker + Kubernetes
• Google Compute Platform
We are looking for both depth in one part of the stack or breadth across a wide portion.
Sound like You?
• You love delighting users by creating great product experiences
• You have experience solving complex problems within a professional software development team
• You consider multiple ways to implement a change and choose the best one based on trade-offs
• You are passionate about certain technologies and have extensive domain expertise
• You communicate with clarity and precision, whether with teammates or users
• You love to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
If you are a previous start-up founder, open-source contributor, college dropout, or came to software engineering from a totally different field, we'd love to hear your story.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $100k - $175k (Geographically adjusted)
Equity: 0.1% - 1%
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 7 year option exercise window
• $5k desk setup of your choice
• Free catered lunch (5x per week)
• Flexible work arrangements
Slab is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.