Customer Support Specialist
San Francisco or Remote
At Slab, we are on a mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose. Our main product is a knowledge hub that thousands of modern teams depend on every day. It features a beautiful editor, blazing fast search, and dozens of integrations. We are backed by top-tier investors, including Matrix Partners, CRV, and NEA.
In this role, you will sit at the nexus of the product team and customers. You will work closely with customers to discover their needs and guide them on the best ways to solve their challenges. At Slab, support is viewed as an extension of the product itself and we strive to deliver the highest quality experience for our customers.
What we value
Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas — while acting with respect and regard for each other.
Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
Global optimization - We believe that our mission — to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose — is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
Sound like You?
You'll spend a large portion of your day chatting with customers via Intercom and occasionally email, call, or screencast. Many of our customers prefer to help themselves and you'll also write a whole lot of help and learning documentation. Along the way, you’ll troubleshoot bugs, document feature requests, and help elevate the voice of the customer at Slab to product and engineering. We’ll give you plenty of support to simply do what’s right for our customers.
• You're an incredible written communicator. You're good at making complex situations easy to understand using clear and simple writing. As a remote team, your communication skills are critical to your success.
• You are more technical than the typical support professional, but it could be in a number of different ways. Maybe you can code, or maybe you are excellent at QA, or maybe you're really good at solving tricky problems.
• You love to support people and you have experience working in support or success. You are excited to continue to build your career in support.
• For the most part, you'll be managing yourself. You're someone who thrives working autonomously and don't need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
• You're eager to take on challenges. When you don't know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better.
• You are as confident over the phone as you are over email. You're someone who will be comfortable speaking ad-lib about how Slab works to a range of audiences.
• You’re patient, an active listener, and you’re naturally curious with a strong desire to learn. You’re a problem solver who goes out of their way to help people.
Compensation and Benefits
• 70-90k salary, depending on qualifications
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• 7-year option exercise window
• $5k desk setup of your choice
• Free catered lunch (5x per week)
• Flexible work arrangements