Senior Full Stack Engineer
New York, New York
As an early engineer at Slang, you will work closely with the CEO and CTO on projects that drive our success. High impact is a trope in tech, but it's definitely true here. Everything you build will touch our existing and incoming customers and propel sales into the stratosphere. If you enjoy feeling the direct impact of your work on users, as opposed to the faceless masses (which is cool too we're former big tech ppl so not judging), this might be your ticket to the moon. You will touch our existing full-stack Kotlin MPP application, our backend systems that handle the voice/ai heavy-lifting and new things we haven't even thought of yet (well, yes there's a roadmap too).
- 6+ years of experience in a professional software engineering setting building production quality applications
- Facility with static typing — type systems with generics are a huge +
- Familiarity with hybrid functional/OOP programming
- At least a little experience with Java (don't need to be an expert but Java comes up in libraries we use and kotlin is JVM after all)
- SQL/NoSQL are NBD for you
- React or similar tooling
- Expertise in AWS/GCP/Azure (we are on GCP)
- Strong grasp of microservices and stateless application paradigms in cloud computing environments
- Laughs in distributed systems
- ML/AI systems and infrastructure
- Enough Kubernetes to know the pain points
- Advanced degree with a focus in NLP
- (This one is a super not necessary, but hey, we can dream) Advanced degree with a focus in NLP
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Overachiever Fever. We’re overachievers (we don’t know any other way)
Learner Fervor. We take every opportunity to learn (especially when it’s hard)
Humility Ability. We approach each other with curiosity and openness (know-it-alls not welcome!)
SMB MVP. We’re an expert member of our customers’ teams (we earn their trust)