New York, New York
Business & Operations /
We're hiring an Account Executive to help scale the business to the next level. As an early sales hire at the Slang, you'll work directly with the CEO and VP of Sales. This role is crucial to the success of the company during a time of rapid growth.
- Hunt and close
- Use active listening for discovery and demo
- Discuss how Slang best meets our prospects' needs
- Grow existing and new verticals
- Strategically manage your pipeline to ensure consistent deal flow
- Work closely with the Onboarding and Account Management teams to support onboarding
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales quotas and weekly top of funnel metrics
- 3+ years of sales experience with proven track record of overachieving
- You and other people would describe you as a hunter, closer, clever, charming, and kind
- You can hustle, want to change your stars, and you don't wait to do what can be done now
- You're excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and thrive under pressure
- You are coachable, self-motivated, and think outside the box
- You have strong communication skills, both written and over the phone
- You're a good listener, assertive, persistent and persuasive
- SaaS, Hospitality, Ecommerce experience preferred
$60,000 - $80,000 a year
Base salary. OTE will also be a component for the Account Executive role.
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Overachiever Fever. We’re overachievers (we don’t know any other way)
Learner Fervor. We take every opportunity to learn (especially when it’s hard)
Humility Ability. We approach each other with curiosity and openness (know-it-alls not welcome!)
SMB MVP. We’re an expert member of our customers’ teams (we earn their trust)