Associate Marketing Manager
Brooklyn, New York /
Business – Slate Studios /
Slate Studios, Slate’s award-winning branded content team, is looking for a creative, versatile, and highly organized associate marketing manager to create integrated marketing proposals. This is primarily a sales marketing role that supports Slate’s business team and is pivotal in building proposals that showcase our programs, journalism, and audiences. This role is an integral part of the Slate Studios team, from presale to overall internal- and external-facing Slate marketing narratives.
Ideal candidates are interested in sales marketing and have strong writing and critical thinking skills that support organizing and conveying ideas in a cohesive and compelling way. This candidate is detail-oriented, curious, and has an enthusiasm for finding new ways to connect Slate to brands.
This position reports to the director of marketing of Slate Studios. This position will be based out of Slate’s offices in Brooklyn, with two days a week required in person. Slate may move to voluntary in-office attendance based on spikes in the transmission of the coronavirus.
- Strategize, create, and communicate integrated marketing programs through advertiser proposals, presentations, and marketing materials
- Utilize audience insights platforms and internal reporting to create audience profiles and research to support proposals and position Slate’s audience in the marketplace
- Conceptualize creative ideas across audio and digital programs, including branded content, editorial programs, and more
- Collaborate with sales, client services, editorial, and other internal teams
- Regularly update sales and marketing materials, including one-sheets, first-to-market opportunities, media kits, and more
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 2–4 years’ work experience in media/marketing
- Ability to organize ideas and tell audience-driven stories in a cohesive and visual way
- Analytical skills and ability to synthesize research and data to support proposals
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to be proactive and adaptable
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Proficiency with Keynote and Google Suite
- Enthusiasm for Slate’s editorial and audio content
- Experience using audience insights platforms, or an interest in analytics and research
- Interest in podcasts
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Slate, founded in 1996, is a daily online magazine and podcast network that helped invent the voice of the web. Our strong editorial voice and witty take on current events & culture have been recognized with numerous awards, including the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online. Our podcast network, established in 2005, produces more than 20 podcasts, including Slow Burn, What Next, Decoder Ring and more.
Slate is an affiliate of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.