Podcast Producer, Network
Brooklyn, New York /
Editorial – Podcasts /
About the Role
Slate is hiring an audio producer to work across our network. This producer will fill in as needed on Slate shows, produce promo clips and trailers, and facilitate tapings for programs across the network. The people we’re looking for work well with others, edit audio quickly and accurately, and adapt successfully to a variety of workflows. This is a position covered under a collective bargaining agreement between Slate and the Writers Guild of America, East. The minimum salary for this position is $66,000, but compensation can and will reflect applicants' experience.
- Produce and publish episodes of various Slate podcasts
- Write episode pages and other promotional text for episodes
- Facilitate recordings for Slate programs at our in-house studios
- Fill-in production duties on Slate podcasts as needed, including running recording sessions, booking guests, editing, and posting episodes
- At least two years of audio production experience in radio, podcasting, or equivalent
- Excellent audio-editing skills (ProTools preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to structure stories in audio
- Interest in a wide spectrum of journalism and audio storytelling formats
- Smarts, kindness, humor, and eagerness to learn
- Ability to work in either our Brooklyn or Washington, D.C. office
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Slate, founded in 1996, is a daily online magazine and podcast network that helped invent the voice of the web. Our strong editorial voice and witty take on current events & culture have been recognized with numerous awards, including the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online. Our podcast network, established in 2005, produces more than 20 podcasts, including Slow Burn, What Next, Decoder Ring and more.
Slate is an affiliate of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.