Sales Development Representative
Supporting Cast – Operations /
Slate is seeking a sales development representative to grow the customer base of Supporting Cast’s podcasting membership platform. Podcasters and media companies are looking for pathways to financial growth, and your role is to show them how a Supporting Cast-powered membership offering can deepen their connection with their most engaged listeners and vastly increase their podcasting revenue. As a member of an agile and growing sales team, you will be in a position to influence our sales strategy and rapidly evolving product. Supporting Cast is a remote-first company, or you may choose to work out of Slate's D.C. or Brooklyn offices. Candidates must be based in the US.
The annual base pay range for this job is between $50,000.00 to $70,000.00, plus commission.
- Thoroughly understand the target market, the use cases for Supporting Cast, and the challenges our clients face
- Communicate Supporting Cast’s unique value proposition to new prospects
- Demonstrate the platforms’ key features through video calls and screen shares, adapting the features emphasized to each prospect’s needs
- Prospect new leads daily through email, LinkedIn, etc., leveraging performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Reply to and follow-up with inbound inquiries in a timely manner
- Schedule 5-7 meetings per week
- Attend industry conferences as a representative of the company in pursuit of leads
- Use a sales and marketing automation platform to manage and track the sales pipeline
- Contribute to sales collateral
- Summarize feedback from prospective clients to influence the product roadmap
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience selling software as a service
- Comfortable using technology tools to maximize your efficiency
- Experience using a CRM or sales and marketing automation platform (such as Hubspot or Salesforce) preferred
- Comfort with Google Apps, LinkedIn Strong email and Slack game
- A strong interest in podcasting as a listener if not in a professional capacity
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
- Comfort using and discussing technology
- Data-driven orientation and strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail oriented and organized
About Supporting Cast
Supporting Cast enables podcasters and audiobook publishers to launch podcast subscription programs and sell premium audio content that listeners can access through their podcast apps. Created by Slate following the success of Slate Plus, we now work with some of the largest podcasters audiobook publishers, and companies in the world, like NPR, Procter & Gamble, and Malcolm Gladwell. Read about the success of Savage Love and Dunc’d On to learn more.
As an internal startup, our small team is very much part of Slate’s warm, inclusive, and unique business culture. Slate has a history of successful internal startups, having previously spun off Code3 (formerly known as Social Code) and Megaphone as successful independent companies. Our organization is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Supporting Cast & Slate are affiliates of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.