Senior Supervising Producer
Brooklyn, New York /
Editorial – Podcasts /
About the Role
Slate is looking for a senior supervising producer to oversee production of several of our podcasts. The person we’re looking for is experienced in audio production and team leadership, and can guide producers with different skill levels in making audio that’s compelling for the ears and brain. They’re a mentor to our staff and freelance producers; they direct budgets and schedules, coordinating with stakeholders and
sensitively managing relationships. Eclectic interests spanning culture, politics, social media, and more are recommended. This position is based in Brooklyn or D.C. when Slate returns from remote work, and reports to the executive producer of podcasts.
- Keep lots of podcasts running at a high level of quality
- Guide producers and hosts in achieving the best results sonically and editorially
- Serve as a nexus between talent, producers, sales, audience development, tech, and leadership
- Direct and optimize production calendars for several programs
- Seek out new and diverse talent for existing and future projects
- Guide development process for new podcasts
- Work cooperatively with Slate’s promotion, sales, and audience development teams
- At least five years in audio production for radio, podcasting, or equivalent
- Interest and experience in a variety of audio program formats, from interview to narrative long form
- Experience managing teams and overseeing large or complex productions
- An understanding of the podcast marketplace and how to stand out
- Familiarity with Slate’s podcasts and ideas for how to improve them and invent new ones
- Intelligence, kindness, humor, and an enthusiasm for fostering a dynamic and respectful team environment
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Slate is a multimedia digital publishing company focused on covering culture, technology, politics, current events, and business. Over the past 20 years, our smart, witty takes have been recognized with numerous accolades and have won us industry recognition, including the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online. Our readers are aggressively curious about the world—and so are our employees.
Slate is an affiliate of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.