Premium Podcast Support Specialist (US-Remote)
Brooklyn, New York /
Supporting Cast – Operations /
As a premium podcast support specialist for Supporting Cast, you’ll provide assistance to a growing premium podcast audience on behalf of Slate and other leading audio publishers. Working remotely in coordination with our lead support specialist, you’ll respond to inbound emails, helping listeners troubleshoot issues with their podcast apps and answering subscribers’ questions about payments and account management.
You may also be asked to assist in other administrative projects to support our product team’s needs. The candidate should be available to work at least 30 hours a week, with some morning availability (more hours may become available as our user base grows).
This is a remote position, working with a team that is largely remote.
- Answer customer inquiries promptly
- Troubleshoot basic user issues by investigating and replicating them
- Identify, track, and communicate patterns in user issues to appropriate team members
- Assist in administrative projects where needed
- Resourcefulness: You find creative solutions to user problems
- Independence: You are self-motivated and thrive working solo
- Efficiency: You have a knack for developing systems and processes
- Ability to prioritize: You can identify which types of requests get your attention first
- Strong written communication skills
- Prior helpdesk experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Freshdesk and premium podcast services is a plus
- Must have some morning availability
About the Company
Supporting Cast’s technology makes it easier than ever for listeners to purchase and access premium podcast content, helping Slate and other leading audio publishers grow sustainable subscription businesses. Supporting Cast is part of The Slate Group and operates from the Slate offices in D.C. and Brooklyn. Working here provides the dynamic excitement of a startup and the stability and competitive compensation of an established employer.
Slate is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply. If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will do what we can to meet your needs.
Slate is a multimedia digital publishing company focused on covering culture, technology, politics, current events, and business. Over the past 20 years, our smart, witty takes have been recognized with numerous accolades and have won us industry recognition, including the National Magazine Award for General Excellence Online. Our readers are aggressively curious about the world—and so are our employees.
Slate is an affiliate of Graham Holdings. Read the Graham Holdings Company California Worker Privacy Statement here.