Product Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Smallstep is building an open source identity authority plus toolchain - called step - that lets software teams securely connect and operate apps running across clouds, containers, serverless, and connected devices. We believe the only way to successfully secure cloud-native computing is to move past perimeter security using world-class PKI (certificates) and mutual TLS.
Smallstep is a nimble deep-tech startup of seasoned experts In San Francisco. We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager who can assist our product-led go to market efforts. You’ll be responsible for positioning smallstep products in a competitive privileged access management and PKI market. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a startup environment targeting infrastructure SaaS and software solutions. This position is ideally in San Francisco but we encourage remote applicants.
You are great with people and have a passion for making the complex simple
- You have strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and popular development tools, platforms, and/or relevant frameworks
- Bonus points if technologies such as HTTPS/TLS, certificates (X.509), and OAuth are not foreign to you.
- You have experience creating and distributing content of all types (blog, video, social, sales presentations, competitive, etc.).
- You have spent 3+ years working in technology product marketing.
- You document everything and make it easy for others to find and take action against.
You want to join a tight-knit team
- You love open source software and communities
- You believe distributed systems deserve great security out-of-the-box
- You want to be part of the paradigm shift to move past network perimeter security
- You are collaborative, low-ego, and results-driven
- You like making impactful contributions but also enjoy helping others do the same
- You want to work with founders in a fast-growing startup with excellent investors
- Interest or passion to evangelize through speaking & writing (nice to have)
At smallstep, we work reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, and often work individually. You are trusted to work on your own and to ask for help when blocked. As an early stage startup, smallstep teams get the benefit of working across many areas and contributing directly to the success of the organization. smallstep is a well-funded startup backed by Accel, boldstart.vc, Bain Capital, and upside partnership.