Regional Sales Manager
San Francisco /
Reporting to the Head of National Accounts and Customer Success, Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) will be part of a dynamic team that is selling the world’s premier, SaaS-based, business intelligence and yield management software for owners of parking assets. RSM’s will be responsible for developing and driving their territory’s sales strategy, identifying and qualifying leads while consistently closing business on a monthly/quarterly basis – all in order to meet or exceed their annual sales quota. RSM’s will sell Smarking’s complete range of products and services. Ideal candidates will have the ability to consult with customers, identify requirements, present technical information in easily understood terms, demo the solution and develop quality revenue relationships that meet/exceed customer needs. This is an outside sales role for which we are hiring RSM’s to cover areas which may be remote from the company’s San Francisco, CA location.
Unlike many start-up opportunities, Smarking has:
· An existing market, ripe for disruption
· Market momentum with multiple marquis customers
· Currently no compatible direct competition
· Strong VC backing and management team
· Industry leading compensation and benefit package
Smarking is a driven group of data scientists, MIT PhDs, engineers, and business professionals who set out on a journey to bring cutting edge solutions to the parking world. Frustrated by the stagnation of data analytics and yield management technologies in parking, the Smarking team is working to make the lives of parking professionals and parkers easier and bring innovation to this $100 billion worldwide industry. In the short period since starting, Smarking has graduated from Y Combinator (Winter 2015), attracted a large amount of investors and customers, and grown our team into one with experts from both parking and tech.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consistent, on-plan quota achievement
- Skilled prospecting, deal qualification, pipeline management, deal close and transition to customer service
- Development of territory sales strategy
- Development of new revenue with little to no recurring revenue responsibility
- Fostering highest levels of prospect and customer satisfaction
- Ongoing product and market education and training
- Professional interaction with senior staff at customer prospects
- Professional interaction with other Smarking team members
- Must have been a top performer in previous/current Sales role.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience selling SaaS or DaaS
- Have a college or university equivalent degree
- Bachelor of Science or Technical background preferred
- MBA or MS preferred