Implementation and Technical Partnerships Manager
Hi there, we’re Smarking, and we’re digitizing the world’s parking inventory through our cutting-edge business intelligence and dynamic pricing technologies. We’re hiring a key Implementation and Technical Partnerships Manager (IPM) in order to accelerate our growth through speedy implementations and enhance the robustness of our software by working closely with our partners. Here’s what you’ll be responsible for on a day-to-day basis:
1. Ensure that Smarking’s business intelligence and dynamic pricing technologies are delivered timely and with quality
2. Configure our software applications in such a way that sets the customer up for long-term success on the platform
3. Manage the implementation projects and work closely with our customers and partners to ensure deadlines are met, while communicating with all parties throughout
4. Work with Smarking’s vendor partners and Engineers to streamline and enhance how Smarking pulls and pushes data to and from external systems
5. Iterate and improve Smarking’s internal processes and procedures to consistently optimize the implementation experience
This job is ideal for individuals who have strong project management skills, enjoy working with customers and partners, and love solving hard problems. Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, the Implementation and Technical Partnerships Manager will be part of a dynamic team that is implementing and supporting the world's premier, SaaS-based, parking data management solution.
The ideal candidate for the Implementation and Technical Partnerships Manager role is someone who loves deploying software and technology to solve customer pain points. Specifically, the ideal IPM candidate will have expertise in SQL, JIRA, ETL frameworks and quality assurance. The IPM candidate is not required to write or debug code.
The Implementation and Technical Partnerships Manager role will own and drive the Smarking implementation process from customer kick-off call to initial training.
The IPM will take the lead on technical partnership work with Smarking’s external partners - working with our external partners to understand the best ways to integrate with their systems and coordinating with the Smarking engineering department to streamline and improve the integration process.
Beyond working with our external partners, the IPM will think critically about internal processes and procedures and consistently iterate and improve upon internal workflows to optimize customer outcomes.
Although initially an individual contributor role, candidates should be ready and able to assume managerial responsibilities.
This role is not focused on closing sales, customer success, or business development but rather on setting up customers for success with Smarking, streamlining and improving upon our technical ETL framework and processes, in order to optimize customer value and success, and expedite our growth through quick and effective delivery of the software. Ideal candidates will have the ability to consult intelligently and empathetically with customers while balancing and maintaining the economic interests of Smarking with the customer's needs.
Detailed Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Day-to-day ownership of the Smarking implementation process and results
- Develop and improve processes and operational frameworks needed to implement the Smarking software quickly, in a scalable fashion, with high quality
- Understanding Smarking's products, systems and integrations in order to diagnose customer problems quickly and accurately
- Understand the technical processes and procedures needed to pull and push data to Smarking’s external partners
- Review data with speed for consistency and accuracy
- Fully understand the customer's technical and business operations
- Work proactively with Engineering to identify, communicate and implement technical improvements to Smarking's implementation process
- Maintain metrics to measure key performance metrics around implementation quality and speed to ensure continual improvement
- Help build and embody a deep seeded customer focused organization and culture
- Provide QA of the Smarking system including new releases and modules
- Work with sales and account management to ensure smooth customer handoffs
- Interact professionally with parking industry management, their staff, and Smarking team members
Qualifications - Experience:
- A minimum of 3+ years customer facing work experience
- Software implementation experience with a successful, and customer-centric organization
- SaaS software implementation or parking/mobility experience is a plus
- Experience working with and maintaining third party integrations a plus
- Knowledge of business partnership dynamics a plus
Qualifications - Skills:
- Working knowledge of ETL frameworks
- PostgreSQL: ability to write basic queries and statements
- Basic network and IT infrastructure management
- JIRA, Salesforce, Excel, Google Suite
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Project management
Qualifications - Character:
- Passionate and energetic about working with customers
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Hungry to make an impact
- Hungry to learn and grow
- Strong project management skills
- Intelligent, flexible, and passionate about the work you do
- Curious, problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Team oriented, ability to thrive in cross-functional collaborations
- Resourceful, energetic and self-motivated with an innate sense of urgency
- Able to present and communicate concepts clearly and concisely
- Understand business concepts and how technology solutions resolve customer pain or create opportunity
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary plus MBO bonus, including health, and dental among other benefits
- 100% coverage of medical and dental insurance; major coverage of vision insurance
- 401K - 3% paycheck hard match by company, independent of your own unlimited contribution
- Up to $100/month phone/internet data plan enhancement support during COVID-19 work-from-home period
- Free monthly parking nearby office or $94/month commuter benefits (on-site)
- Up to$60/month gym membership support (post COVID)
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks 24/7 (on-site)
- Unlimited paid time off
Smarking's culture is one that is marked by learning, humility, kindness and support. We're a team of driven, hungry professionals eager to advance our careers, introduce digital technologies to an antiquated industry, and improve the urban mobility landscape for society more broadly. We often work cross functionally, and everyone is willing to lend a helping hand.
Sound like a fit? Get in touch!