Lead/Manager, Customer Success
Smarking is looking for an all star Customer Success Team Lead to help drive our customer success creation, evangelization, and business renewals & up-sells. Our CSM team covers the full lifecycle of Smarking’s customers, serving as the thinking partner, technology advisor, and success advocate for each customer and accelerating the expansion in each account.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about providing an exceptional experience for every customer, believe in the upcoming transformation of the urban mobility landscape driven by data, software, and other prominent technologies, and hungry to apply the most advanced CSM expertise into left-behind industries such as parking. As an early member of our team, you’ll work to lead our efforts in building a full scope CSM infrastructure and serve as a trusted point of contact for Smarking customers, from the point of sale through onboarding, project success, and renewals.
Smarking is a group of driven data scientists, MIT PhDs, engineers, transportation nerds, and business professionals working to introduce elegant solutions to the parking world. Backed by a group of top tier VC firms/investors including Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, and Slow Ventures since early 2015, we focus on bringing the power of data analytics and yield management to the $100 billion parking industry worldwide. Growing rapidly in the past 18 months, we're looking for a highly capable customer success expert to join our team and helps us continue to grow!
- Define the vision of red carpet experience for Smarking customers, provide cross-functional leadership to drive execution, and enable a team-wide customer success culture
- Standardize and improve the customer journey and internal work flows of the team by bringing in best practices in user enablement, customer success creation & evangelization, and account management
- Drive CSM efforts and make product recommendations by tracking leading indicators/metrics (e.g. product usage, churn, customer feedback etc.) and report on CSM metrics each week to the Director of Business Operations and Customer Success
- Recruit, mentor, groom and inspire a world-class CSM team
- Own and improve customer renewal, expansion, and up-sell over time
- Determine how to define, drive, and demonstrate the value (ROI), drive true value for customers, and create highly reference-able customers
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship and take responsibility for managing the entire post-sales customer relationship with major clients, and be an expert on best practices in change management
- Ensure the effective hand-off of data onboarding, product delivery, user enablement, contract renewal, expansion, and up-sell
- 5+ years of experience as an lead of senior customer success manager, account manager, or related customer engagement or project management roles
- Takes high degree of ownership over work
- Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing solutions at scale in a fast-paced environment
- Highly data-driven with a commitment to process - excited about driving and tracking a consistent engagement process with all customers in your portfolio
- Clear and professional communicator that works well with a diverse team
- Experience in early stage start up and enterprise SaaS is a huge plus
- Join an early-stage team of rockstars on an exciting growth journey
- 100% coverage of medical and dental insurance
- Free monthly parking nearby office
- Full gym membership with Fitness SF (for all 7 locations) or a monthly fitness allowance
- Free breakfast, lunch, snacks 24/7, and dinner on demand when staying late for work
- Unlimited paid time off
- Regular team nights and team celebrations based on hitting company milestones.
Email resume and a brief statement about your interests/long term career goals to email@example.com for an interview!