Staff Software Engineer
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
This is an excellent position for a highly capable software engineer who's ready to help build our SmartPass flexible parking marketplace SAAS. Building SmartPass, you’ll work with state-of-the-industry technologies including TypeScript, Python, Flask, Auth0, Stripe, SqlAlchemy, Postgres, and Redis, to name a few. We’re looking for engineers versed in a variety of technologies, who have a thirst for learning more, while contributing to a rapidly growing business.
- Lead mission critical software projects
- Build robust and high-quality frontend and backend code
- Learn and integrate with external technologies
- Participate in product design
- Contribute to the engineering and product roadmap
- 10+ years professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years working on a SAAS product
- desire to learn new technologies
- experience with frontend technologies including React and TypeScrip
- experience with backend technologies including Python, Flask, Postgres, SqlAlchemy, Celery, Airflow
- experience with AWS services including ECS, EC2, SNS, CloudWatch
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team first
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- $60 per month gym membership (or other physical activity)
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Smarking started as group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals based in San Fransisco. Smarking has embraced a remote-first work culture and has grown into a diverse team of growth minded technologists located all over North America. The Smarking team is committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry ($131B in the US).
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.