Business Operations Specialist - AYM (Dynamic Pricing Engine for Parking)
Smarking is a leading provider of enterprise software and data technology solutions for the massively overlooked $655B global parking industry.
In 2019, Smarking released the industry's first fully automated dynamic pricing engine based on state of the art machine learning technologies, Automated Yield Management (AYM, read as "aim"), and have produced 2X+ online revenue increases for hundreds of parking facilities in 10+ US markets ever since. In 2021, the total online revenue volume processed tripled on Smarking AYM compared to 2019 - the age of dynamic pricing has officially come to the multi-hundred-billion dollar parking industry.
This is an excellent position for a highly capable and successful operations professional who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities and a leap of faith, to own, lead, and execute all aspects of scaling Smarking AYM to thousands of more parking sites and tens of more online sales channels. The Biz Ops Specialist will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead and execute full-cycle operations to scale AYM to thousands of more parking sites and tens of more online sales channels
- Own AYM induced revenue growth outcome
- Work closely with Smarking clients (commercial real estate owners, parking operators, municipalities etc.) to enable rapid AYM scaling from POC projects to portfolio wide adoption, tackling challenges from implementation, user onboarding, and base rates review & setting, to AYM performance review.
- Work closely with sales, customer success, implementation, support, product, ang engineering teams at Smarking to enable highly effective and efficient cross-functional empowerment for AYM scaling
- Work closely with all online sales channel partners in the industry to break walls and enable broad and in-depth partnerships for Smarking AYM
- Establish internal analytics on all aspects of AYM scaling and performance
- Lead and execute exploration work under new product initiatives and contribute to high level strategy when needed.
- 3+ years experience on business operations positions.
- Successful track record of working with ambiguity and uncertainty; hungry for responsibilities and impact, strong sense of ownership, execution & results oriented.
- Big pluses: startup working experience, experience working at marketplace platforms, interest in solving the parking problem.
- Passionate about scaling technology solutions across the entire industry
- Passionate about delivering value to customers by leveraging great tech solutions and solving complex problems.
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team player
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- $60 monthly health subsidiary.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
- Book club: expenses for buying work/growth empowering books
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $655B parking industry ($131B in the US).
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.