Senior Backend Engineer ($10K/successful referral)
Smarking is looking for excellent senior backend engineers to help us scale the initial success of the company to the next level. Ideal candidates will be experienced and passionate about working in an early-stage tech company with initial product-market-fit and growing it into the next stage with rocket speed. As a senior member of our backend team, you will be responsible for: 1) building robust and high-quality vendor integration code and data pipelines; 2) scaling backend system to handle rapidly growing data streams; 3) building and scaling complicated machine learning algorithms; 4) speeding up CI/CD pipelines. Senior backend engineers will lead major engineering projects with the highest impact on our business and operations.
Smarking is a fast growing tech company with hyper-driven MIT PhDs, engineers, data scientists, transportation experts, and seasoned business professionals who are working hard to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique angle. By providing the very first enterprise data analytics software (SaaS) to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as the leader in an emerging market of $10 Billion in the US and $40 Billion globally.
Smarking aims to enable highly efficient urban mobility by digitizing parking spaces and distributing parking inventory dynamically, in order to get the world ready for the connected, shared, and autonomous driving future. Backed by a group of top investors such as Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, Smarking has brought real-time dashboards and predictive analytics to thousands of parking locations for cities (e.g. Miami, Santa Monica), airports(e.g. Boston, San Diego), universities (e.g. MIT), hospitals, parking operators, and garage owners. For the first time, cities and parking operators can make informed decisions for planning, operations, and pricing in real-time with the help of our products.
Our backend system provides API endpoints through microservices, most of which are written in Python. Our tech stack includes Docker, Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, flask, nginx, terraform, and AWS services such as EC2, S3, SQS, and ECS.
- 5-10+ years of experience designing, refactoring, scaling, and implementing large-scale distributed backend systems.
- Extensive experience building and scaling real-time data streams.
- Extensive experience building data ETL pipelines.
- Experience in testing frameworks and CI/CD pipelines.
- Hungry for impact and growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bonus points: Experience with our tech stack. Experience with machine learning and predictive analytics. Experience in front-end development (ES6 and React/Redux).
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- 100% coverage of medical and dental insurance; major coverage of vision insurance
- 401K – 3% paycheck hard match by company, independent of your own unlimited contribution
- Free monthly parking nearby office or commuter benefits for public transit
- Breakfast, snacks, and daily catered lunch
- Unlimited paid time off
- Full gym membership with Fitness SF (for all 7 locations) or $60/month credit
SOUNDS LIKE A FIT?
We would love to work with driven engineers to learn from each other and grow together. If Smarking sounds like a good fit for you, please apply. We look forward to hearing from you!
We need great engineers, and we need them quickly! If you refer someone to Smarking for an engineering role, we hire that person, and he/she sticks around for 3 months, we’ll pay you $10k! The important parts are that it’s a direct referral for an engineering role. If you know of someone, submit an e-mail with link to a job posting from https://www.smarking.com/careers, your contact info, and the candidate’s resume or LinkedIn URL, to email@example.com.