Backend Software Engineer
Smarking is a tech startup leveraging data analytics and machine learning to help parking managers solve parking problems in major urban areas. Founded by MIT PhDs and backed by Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, we’ve brought real-time data dashboards, predictive analytics, and dynamic pricing to thousands of parking locations for more than 50 clients including cities (Miami, Houston, etc.), airports (Boston, Edmonton, etc.), universities (MIT, Washington University, etc.), real-estate owners, and parking operators.
Our engineers work closely together to build distributed systems for real-time data streaming, anomaly detection, predictive analytics, and dynamic pricing. Our data infrastructure, machine learning, and backend services are built with Python. Our infrastructure is cloud native, and we are moving towards a serverless architecture. Currently we are taking on challenges to scale our databases and backend services in order to handle rapid growth of data volume and requests.
We are a group of smart, driven, and fun people who are obsessed with urban transportation. Together we are building software and data infrastructure for a key transportation industry with $100B annual revenue in the US, and is undergoing rapid technical transition. Our goal is to solve parking problems for the future of urban mobility.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Most importantly, we are looking for engineers who are interested in urban mobility, and enthusiastic to learn and grow both in and out of the job. We’d love to work with people who want to continuously improve his/her technical skills and happy to share with the team.
We expect our backend engineers to:
- Work extensively on our data infrastructure, including data streaming, third-party data integration, and internal tooling for data warehouses.
- Join our efforts to scale databases and services for fast-growing data volumes and requests.
- Help improve and scale our machine learning pipelines.
Our backend stack includes Python, Postgres, Flask, Docker, Redis, ElasticSearch, Airflow, Terraform, and AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, and ECS.
- 2+ years of experience working on production software systems with solid user base.
- Experience with data transformation, cleansing, and manipulation.
- Hungry for impact and growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Production-level experience with Python and/or machine learning is a plus.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- 3% 401K match.
- Monthly gym subsidies.
- Commuter subsidies or free parking near office!
- Breakfast, snacks, and daily lunch.
- Unlimited paid time off.
SOUNDS LIKE A FIT?
Please send your resume to email@example.com with some self introduction. We look forward to hearing from you!