Head of Business Development
Smarking is looking for a seasoned business leader to scale the initial success of the company to the next level. The ideal candidate will be experienced and passionate about taking a post-product-market-fit tech company into one that generates predictable and rapid revenue growth. As an early executive member of our team, you will lead the company in: 1) building a scalable business development (BD) operations, mainly for sales, and potentially also for customer success / account management, partnership, and marketing, by both putting processes & tools in place and recruiting & managing a BD team 2) strategically planning, organizing, and executing Go-To-Market efforts 3) closing, maintaining, and growing major accounts (if applicable).
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, engineers, data scientists, transportation experts, and business professionals working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique enterprise approach. By providing the very first data analytics software (SaaS) to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as a market leader rapidly. Backed by a group of top tier tech investors including Khosla Ventures, Y Combinator, and Slow Ventures since early 2015, we focus on bringing the power of data analytics and yield management to the $100 billion parking industry worldwide. Growing rapidly in the past 2 years, we are looking for a highly capable business leaders to join our team and get the company ready for major scaling.
- Building a scalable business development operations:
- Lead the company’s efforts in turning early success into repeatable and growing results in full scope business development, with the top focus being sales, and other areas if applicable, including customer success / account management, vendor partnership, and marketing.
- Build the work process, measurements, compensation plan, and communication system for the sales department (and other BD divisions if applicable) to produce highly predictable revenue growth.
- Mentor, empower, and manage the current sales staff (and customer success staff if applicable) on team.
- Recruit, retain, and grow sales team (and other BD personnels if applicable) upon the growth need of the company.
- Leading Go-To-Market strategy & execution:
- Develop Go-To-Market strategies with the CEO and the rest of the leadership team.
- Enable in-depth and effective understanding of the market via both market research and customer interactions.
- Manage, execute, and constantly evolve the Go-To-Market strategy.
- Closing major accounts:
- Plan, organize, and execute on the prospecting, developing and closing of large accounts ( ACV in 6-7 digits).
- Plan, organize, and execute on the maintaining and growing of the large accounts.
- Train & cultivate the BD team members on closing major accounts.
- Support CEO’s initiative in business development, partnership, and product development.
- Support the construction of scalable operations processes for the company.
- Passionate about taking a post-product-market-fit tech company into one that generates predictable and rapid revenue growth.
- Successful experience taking early stage company sales results to $10M+ ARR.
- Successful experience building scalable operations and team for sales / BD, with domain focus in enterprise SaaS as a big plus.
- Hungry for impact & growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, strong sense of responsibility, and love to have fun besides hard work.
- Highly data-driven with a commitment to process - excited about driving, tracking, and improving a consistent set of business goals.
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically.
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and professional in communicating that works well with a diverse team.
- 100% coverage of medical and dental insurance.
- 401K plan with up to 2% company match.
- Free monthly parking nearby office / commuter program for public transportation.
- Full gym membership with Fitness SF (for all 7 locations) or an equivalent monthly fitness allowance.
- Free breakfast, catered lunch, snacks 24/7.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Regular team nights and team celebrations upon milestones.
Email resume and a brief statement about your interests/long term career goals to email@example.com for an interview!