Tech Lead, Sr. Backend & Data/ML Engineer
Smarking is an ambitious tech company comprised of MIT PhDs, data scientists, engineers, transportation experts, and battle-tested business professionals who have developed the very first business intelligence and yield management platform to the parking industry, a massive and conventionally overlooked $100B+ market in the US. Smarking brings real-time, predictive analytics to thousands of parking locations, cities, and commercial real estate owners, allowing them to make informed decisions for the cities they operate in and the businesses they manage. We are proudly backed by investors such as Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures.
We are currently streaming and processing data from 500+ sources in real-time, and expect to double that number every year. We are looking for experienced senior engineers to enhance our existing data infrastructure, scale our backend to handle rapidly growing data volumes, refine our machine learning algorithms, and to speed up our continuous delivery pipelines. Reporting directly to the CTO, the person for this role will help lead major engineering efforts that immediately impact our business and operations.
- Experience building and scaling real-time data streams and systems
- Experience building data ETL pipelines
- Experience in testing frameworks and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with our tech stack: Python, Postgres, Flask, Docker, Redis, ElasticSearch, Airflow, Terraform, and AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, and ECS
- Experience with machine learning and statistics
- 100% medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- 3% 401K match.
- Monthly gym subsidies.
- Commuter subsidies or free parking near office!
- Breakfast, snacks, and daily lunch.
- Unlimited paid time off.
SOUNDS LIKE A FIT?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with some self introduction. We look forward to hearing from you!