Office Operations Manager
Smarking is looking for a highly capable Office Operations Manager to join our team and create a hyper-productive work environment! The ideal candidate will be experienced and passionate about scaling with an early stage company into the next stage. As an important member of our team leading the office operations, you will be in charge of: 1) striving to create a hyper-productive work environment by ensuring satisfaction needs of the company in the areas including office management, basic financial operations, event management, talent recruiting coordination, basic human resources operations, and celebrating team wins 2) building scalable internal operations structures in above areas 3) think and work strategically to support the CEO’s initiatives in office ops.
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, engineers, data scientists, transportation experts, and business professionals working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique enterprise approach. By providing the very first data analytics software (SaaS) to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as a market leader rapidly. Backed by a group of top tier tech investors including Khosla Ventures, Y Combinator, and Slow Ventures, we focus on bringing the power of data analytics and yield management to the $100 billion parking industry worldwide. Growing rapidly in the past a few years, we are looking for a highly capable Office Operations Manager to join our team and get the company ready for scaling.
- Office Management:
- Manage the team meals, snacks, office supply.
- Manage company equipments and maintain clear records, e.g. computers, TVs, monitors, etc.
- Manage company documents both in Google Drive and in physical cabinets.
- Manage business travels (transportation & lodging) for all team members.
- Manage vendors: managing, auditing, and paying vendors, e.g. office rent, medical insurance, electricity, internet, meals, snacks, phone, office cleaning, trade shows etc.
- Accommodate visitor (e.g. investors, clients, job candidates).Above scope may change accordingly upon the growth of the company.
- Basic Finance Operations:
- Manage and execute bi-weekly payrolls (using Gusto).
- Manage reimbursements (using Abacus) and maintain the Reimbursement Process & Policy.
- Manage the company’s accountant, and conduct basic bookkeeping (using Quickbooks), e.g. allocation expenses on company credit cards into different categories.
- Manage the invoice creation, maintenance, update, and Account Receivable pursuit after ramping up (using Quickbooks).
- Deposit payments from clients and ensure good documentation, e.g. scan checks into G-drive and share with the company’s accountant
- Manage Account Payable activities (using Bill.com).
- Budget for expenses on monthly basis and work with the CEO to achieve financial goals.
- Event Management - plan, organize, and execute:
- Open house parties (quarterly).
- Team outings (semi-annually).
- Team lunch out of office (monthly).
- Other events per need - we celebrate often!
- Talent Recruiting Coordination:
- Collaborate with different hiring managers on team on candidates sourcing, outreaching, and interview scheduling (using Lever.co).
- Manage job posts and company profile on different recruiting platforms, e.g. Glassdoor, HackerNews, Linkedin etc.
- Drive marketing efforts for recruiting.
- Basic Human Resources Operations:
- Manage new employee onboarding and continue to improve the experience.
- Manage employee benefits, e.g. medical, dental, vision, gym, paid time off, free parking etc.
- Support immigration matters for employees with the CEO.
- Manage potential off-boarding.
- Team Happiness & Morale Building:
- Manage employee survey, net promoter score, and constantly improve the company’s capability of maintaining high team moraleInitiate celebrations for the team timely and properly.
- Cheer the team up timely and properly during difficult times.
- Passionate about people ops.
- Successful experience and passionate in scaling with an early stage company into the next stage.
- Mission driven, hungry for impact & growth, motivated for constant learning, proactive at collaboration, strong sense of responsibility, and love to have fun besides hard work.
- Great at communication.
- Demonstrated success in thinking & working strategically. Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced environment.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401K plan with hard 3% company match regardless of your contribution.
- Free monthly parking nearby office / commuter program for public transportation.
- Monthly gym subsidies.
- Free breakfast, catered lunch, snacks 24/7.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Regular team nights and team celebrations upon milestones (you will be the one to make it happen!)
Email resume and a brief statement about your interests/long term career goals to email@example.com for an interview!