Product Owner (Video)
👋 Hi! We are Smart!
Smart is an AdTech leader created in 2001 on the belief that we can disrupt the on-line advertising industry.
Headquartered in the heart of Paris and with offices in 12 countries, Smart provides cutting-edge technologies that help hundreds of prestigious customers take back control and maximize their digital revenues with a flexible and transparent audience monetization platform.
We can rely on a unique group of 240+ Smarties focused on excellence to shape our future. They continually embrace change and overcome challenge together to make innovation happen. That means we can offer you endless opportunity to do the same and let you shape the world you want!
👫 About the team
Our Product team is composed by strategic thinkers and influencers who share one overarching goal: make innovation happens.
At Smart, this team is the critical bridge between technical solutions, design and business: it gathers the needs of end-users, evaluates market trends and our competition, uses this information to identify what features bring the most value to our clients and transform it into actionables roadmaps.
Your mission 👇
A hundreds of billions USD market is about to shift from traditional TV advertising execution to digital and addressable advertising. In this context Smart is aiming at offering an independent alternative to the technology platforms of the GAFA for broadcasters and telcos to keep control of their advertising and data transaction platform.
Smart has a unique track record in building advertising technology & data infrastructure. We are the only fully integrated ad solution for publishers offering unique ad management & yield optimization capabilities as well as a mature monetization platform. With a strong video track record we are accelerating our development by launching a video dedicated product suite.
Reporting to our Video Product Manager, you will be the cornerstone of the success of this key development project for Smart by managing the video roadmap delivery in collaboration with a dedicated development team based in Paris and Krakow.
Product Owners are in charge of Managing Feature teams within the Smart offering to ensure on time quality delivery of ready to use products to Smart clients, up to and including their adoption by Smart Operations teams:
What you'll do ✏️
- Roadmap Management:
- Organize Feature Team development tasks backlog and maintain them along with their purpose, keeping in mind and in coherence with the Product Line structure of Smart.
- Build and defend the Feature team roadmap in collaboration with the Video Product Manager (focus on the “what” as opposed to the “how”) by collecting needs from various sources and own market and competitive knowledge always factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis.
- Receive any Feature team development, adaptations or other such requests originating internally or externally (through Client-facing teams). Provide timely feedback and visibility on requests to requestors, or set-up processes to do so.
- Analyze and prioritize any urgent requests, factoring an explicit cost, quality, delay analysis against the roadmap. Adapt the rest of the roadmap as required while still keeping track of the initial goal.
- Validate developments by writing and running scenarios to serve in user acceptance tests.
- Feature Team Management:
- Partner with R&D management to scope and staff Feature Teams.
- Steer Feature Teams as Project Manager, tracking progress and ensuring accountability for deadlines. Track roadmap metrics and challenge performance as required.
- Ensures the Feature Teams have a genuine understanding of functional needs, use cases, and expected ROI. Provide context as appropriate.
- Provide peer feedback about Feature Team members to R&D Management for continuous learning and improvement.
- Collect feedback on Feature team developments and loop back to Feature Teams. Ensure ROI analysis (Sets and tracks metrics) and transfer of Business knowledge to the Tech teams.
- Feature Roll Out:
- Facilitate the conversion of Technical Documentation into Client Documentation by promoting best practices and prioritizing work by Dev teams.
- Facilitate the conversion and promotion of Feature team developments into Client Marketing material by ensuring a constant line of communication with marketing.
- Plan any implementation constraints associated with new feature team developments by creating strong communication lines with Global Operations.
- Train, or train trainers, and evangelize internally in order to achieve maximum awareness and adoption of new Feature team developments by the client facing teams.
- Communication and Information Management:
- Act as the primary interface in between Dev teams and Client-facing teams.
- Report on roadmap progress to Product Leadership as well as Sales & Operations teams, keeping Marketing in the loop to ensure optimal preparedness by all parties.
- Stay abreast of any market trends that could affect the Feature team or their context. Share relevant information with Marketing and/or Feature Teams as appropriate.
- Collaborate and communicate with other POs to ensure alignment and identification of any cross-team opportunities or needs ahead of and all along the Development Cycle.
- Investigate functionalities and structure of competing solutions and share any relevant information with colleagues.
About you 💪
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3-5 years experience in Product Ownership in an agile organization
- Strong analytical background with methodology
- Able to build strong relationships across departments
- Like pushing your ideas end-to-end
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Extra Awesome Skills:
- Experience in the AdTech industry with a deep understanding of products
- Experience with Atlassian software suite (Jira, Confluence, …)
- Technical background in software development
💛 We are one! At Smart, we care for our people. We are certified Happy At Work and are constantly improving our working environment. Meet the team here
🚀Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally.
👊 Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Each employee can have a direct impact on our business, customers and teams.
✈️ Live global! You will work across countries & cultures through geographical moves or our Backpackers program, our interoffice exchange policy to boost employees’ collaboration.
📢 We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally & externally.