Business Development Representative
New York City /
About the Team
Based in NYC, the Inside Sales, Partnerships team in North America is made up of energetic and results-driven individuals that bring our media services and ad tech products to the market each day. At Equativ you will enjoy a welcoming casual environment, great benefits, company globetrotter program, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people. We also believe everyone should be happy and fulfilled at work – We’ve been honored in the HappyIndex At Work by Choose My Company three years in a row.
This department is the entry point of the sales cycle. As the intermediaries between prospects, clients and Upper Sales Management, Inside Sales is not only charged with drumming up new business, but also bringing back to life accounts that have gone silent.
Key day-to-day responsibilities
Whether it be on the Supply Side or Demand Side of the business, the overall responsibilities of the Inside Sales team can be broken down into 5 categories:
- Prospecting: Within given territories, verticals and media agencies.
- Responding: Incoming emails from prospects.
- Qualifying: Ensuring that the point of contact that we are speaking with is the decision maker and that their company is able to work with us.
- Booking Meetings: Scheduling meetings for the sales managers to meet with the point of contacts you qualified.
- Sitting in on Meetings: Taking notes on what is discussed during the meeting, being sure to have captured the point of contact needs.
The Inside Sales team utilizes a multitude of platforms such as; Salesforce (CRM), Outreach (Automated Emailing Tool), as well as tools/helpful documents (Sales Playbook, Sales Flowchart, etc.) that all work together to maximize the efficiency of day-to-day operations.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience and/or internships preferred.
- Experience in some type of lead generation capacity and proficiency in Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- An overachiever. You never quit, never take no for an answer, and ultimately succeed in everything you do!
- Self-motivated and can hit the ground running in prospecting, managing, and qualifying prospects.
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, and organized.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express effectively using oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Love to develop and foster relationships and enjoy interpersonal interactions.
- An ability to manage high volume tasks in an organized way.
What Makes this Job Interesting?
Uncapped commission potential with long-term earning potential.
Sales training and programmatic market education.
Upward mobility based on merit and demonstrated ability.
Navigate your career or transition into sales.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic company in hyper-growth. Are you ready to seize a great opportunity to contribute to Equativ’s growth? Come learn more about our exciting sales accelerator program we've developed.
You like the idea of joining a company where the team works hard, appreciates the value of a balance between work life and personal life, wants to build a meaningful career and has fun while doing it. You appreciate an engaged manager who is invested in your success. You want to work with people who value “the real you,” your insights, opinions, and unique personality. Reach out to us, Let's get you on the team!
The annual base salary range for this position is $45,00 - $55,000 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Equativ considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com