Quality Assurance Engineer
Berlin or Full-remote
This position is for Nowtilus, the media tech company in which Equativ invested in 2022. Founded in 2007 in Berlin and Halle, Nowtilus is a pioneer in video advertising and personalization services through its award-winning Dynamic Ad Insertion Platform Serverside.ai, a comprehensive solution that addresses compatibility issues in digital streaming.
Nowtilus helps broadcasters, telcos, and publishers monetize their FAST, AVOD, and OTT TV streaming platforms by offering seamless, personalized, and relevant ad experiences.
Nowtilus is also at the forefront of HbbTV technology development and deployment, leading the evolution of traditional broadcasting into the possibilities that IP datacasting offers to programmers and advertisers:www.servcerside.ai
Become a leading part of our Software-as-a-Service platform team and take full responsibility for quality assurance tasks in our modern tech stack.
• As Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be an essential part of our very committed and experienced Scrum team and build features from concept to production.
• We offer flexible working hours and up to 100% remote conditions with the potential to work from any place in the world.
• You will be using state of the art integration and end-2-end QA tools improve our micro service-based software system.
• You have the chance to become a part of our rising products engagements with emerging technologies like Edge Computing, new frontend and backend frameworks, Artificial Intelligence and much more.
• As a company, we support your participation in industrial events, workshops, and advanced trainings.
• We are constantly improving our ways of cooperation. Your ideas, feedback and suggestions are much appreciated and taken seriously.
Working closely with our product management and development teams to specify tests and continuously improve our software system. With your deep knowledge in testing frameworks, you support the team in improving and stabilizing our Server-Side Ad Insertion platform.
• Work with the development and QA-team on the translation of manual into automated tests
• Design and implement a system for automated software and system test plans and strategies
• Identify, document and report defects and verify their resolution to improve the quality of the software product or system.
• Collaborating with developers and other stakeholders to understand requirements and identify potential issues.
• Ensuring that all testing is completed in a timely manner and within budge
• Ability to think critically and identify potential issues with a product before it goes to market
• Skills in programming languages to approve merge requests
• Ability to convert manual test cases into automated test cases
• A solid understanding of testing methodologies and tools (integration and end-to-end testing), including API based testing (Postman, Newman)
• Thorough Knowledge of Cypress and Playwright tools and practical experience of the same is a must
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with developers, managers, and other stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail and take pride in their work
• Proactive and always looking for ways to improve the quality of the products they work on
• Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
• Passion for technology and a desire to stay current on the latest trends
• 3+ years of experience in executing the testing procedures for a software product or system
• Knowledgeable in developing and implementing effective test cases and scripts that cover all aspects of the software
• Proven experience in performing manual and automated tests on the software product or system
• Creating detailed bug reports and tracking them until they are resolved
• Ability to show up-to-date knowledge of testing tools and techniques
• Participating in reviews of the software product or system with other stakeholders
What we do and why:
The global TV Broadcast and Video Entertainment Market is currently in a phase of fundamental change requiring the development of new ad-driven monetization models. We believe that our solution significantly changes the video ad-business long-term by opening up new distribution platforms into a global, programmatic ad-market.
What we’ve built:
Our Serverside.ai product is a cloud-based software-as-a-service solution offering in the B2B field, that enables dynamic ad insertion and ad substitution for OTT streaming, IP TV and HbbTV operators.
What we offer:
• You will be working in a very committed, innovative and fast growing team with great team spirit and low hierarchies.
• We are flexible in working hours, whether onsite or remote.
• In our business environment of the multimedia industry, you will have large impact with what you do on global target markets.
• You will use state of the art technologies and standards like HLS, DASH, Low Latency Streaming, Header Bidding, Current Video Codecs, Cloud/ Edge Computing and more.
• We support your participation in exciting industry events, workshops and advanced trainings if applicable.
• We are an on-site and remote-working team with head-offices in Germany. We always strive to constantly improve our ways of working together. Ideas, feedback and suggestions are welcome and taken seriously.
• We invest in growth and education of our team members. • Free choice of hardware and bring-your-own-device policy.
• You will be facing Class-A customers and top-level partners within the Tech and Entertainment industry.
• Use the opportunity to work for an exciting scale-up building innovative MediaTech solutions, join Nowtilus now!
At Nowtilus we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.
Nowtilus welcomes all.
Nowtilus is headquartered in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. We also support hybrid working from our offices in Berlin and Halle (Saale). With that mindset, we're building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds. Curious to see what it's like to work at Nowtilus? Find out more about how we operate as an experienced remote-first company through using powerful collaboration tools and sophisticated methods!
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org