Big Data Engineer
👫 About the team
At Equativ, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 100 billions requests per day and above 40 Gbps of network traffic.
Our innovation team based in Paris, Nantes, Limoges, Krakow and Berlin is composed of 90 straightforward and energetic engineers working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
Our data engineering team is composed of 10 skilled engineers and is based in Paris. We are part of the R&D department which is composed of 140+ engineers spread across Paris, Nantes, Limoges, Kraków and Berlin all working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
Our Mission 👇
Data Engineering team is central to Equativ’s data centric business and is responsible to ingest, transform, model and redistribute all data coming from our adtech platform.
We aim at building scalable and robust Big Data platforms from ingestion to business actionable consumption. Our Big Data ecosystem must handle massive log ingestion (tens of billions per day), short & long term data storage, complex data modelling, real-time and batch ELT as well as providing external access through dedicated APIs.
Data Engineers serve Equativ data directly to our customers and throughout the company whether it is for BI analysis, data science algorithms (clustering and optimization), customer reporting, invoicing and more.
Equativ Data Engineering team is engaged in an ambitious migration of its main data stack (Hadoop on-premise) to GCP with the objective to increase reporting features, lower maintenance time, improve performances and simplify the access to our raw data.
What you'll do ✏️
- As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll primarily focus on maintaining and enhancing the operationality of our on-premise and cloud data pipelines which feed our warehouses and APIs
- Design, develop, test, promote and industrialize all data components from data ingestion to datawarehouse delivery (ClickHouse, BigQuery)
- Brainstorm with other team members working on our data backend (datawarehouse modelling and data exposure through our reporting APIs) on optimizing our architecture and support them in the use of our pipelines
- Contribute to data roadmap definition in coordination with other R&D and product teams in order to build a best in class data infrastructure that will generate insights for Equativ’s analytics
- Take part in improving and deploy data engineering standards, procedures, processes and operational guidelines around target data components at Equativ
- Propose and develop innovative solutions to achieve the best levels of scalability and performance for our Big Data engines
- Automate and streamline our real-time and batch data pipelines (on-premise and in the cloud) in order to simplify access to our data by other teams and lower amount of work spent by other teams on ETL processes
- Perform end-to-end monitoring to ensure high availability of production data processing, data quality and reliability
- Apply best in class Devops guidelines and secure deployments
💪 About you
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3+ years of software development with open source technologies
- Fluent in Java and/or in Scala. SQL mastery
- Very good understanding of Devops principles (Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes, Gradle, ci/cd)
- Experience with large-scale data engineering technologies (ClickHouse, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hbase)
- Experience on building data pipelines on Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Dataflow, GCS, Cloud Run, Airflow …) would be a big plus
- Experience in working with high QPS Rest APIs is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how to identify opportunities of improvement
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Passion for playing with large volume of data
- You'll be just finishing your onboarding.
- You'll probably have tackled a few small tasks. You're ready to start the first ones with a bigger complexity and impact.
- You'll be able to work on any part of our new direct campaign management portal in autonomy.
- You'll now have enough knowledge to be able to deploy and monitor our SPAs.
- You'll be totally autonomous on all our portals (direct campaign management, programmatic campaign management, inventory management), and able to bring your impact at every level.
🚀 How you'll grow
Within 1 month:
Within 3 months:
Within 6 months:
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com