Senior Technical Project Manager
This position is for Nowtilus, the media tech company in which Equativ invested last year. Founded between Berlin and Halle in 2007, Nowtilus is a pioneer in AI-driven video personalization services through its dynamic award-winning Ad Insertion Platform Serverside.ai, a comprehensive solution that addresses the compatibility issues that video broadcasters face while transitioning to digital streaming.
The company helps broadcasters, telcos, and content providers to monetize their FAST, AVOD, and OTT TV streaming platforms by offering seamless, personalized, and relevant ad experiences.
Nowtilus is also at the forefront of HbbTV technology development and deployment, leading the evolution of traditional broadcasting into the possibilities that IP datacasting offers to programmers and advertisers: www.nowtilus.tv
About the job
- Become the driver to launch our Server-Side Ad-Insertion platform for top-tier customers such as leading video streaming publishers, broadcasters, and telco operators
- Take full responsibility for the technical onboarding to manage a successful go-to-market phase
- Nowtilus offers flexible working hours and up to 100% remote conditions with the possibility to work from any place in the world
What we do and why
- The global TV Broadcast and Video Entertainment Market is currently in a phase of fundamental change requiring the development of new ad-driven monetization models
- We believe that our solution significantly changes the video ad-business long-term by opening up new distribution platforms into a global, programmatic ad-market
What we’ve built
- Our Serverside.ai product is a cloud-based software-as-a-service solution offering in the B2B field, that enables dynamic ad insertion and ad substitution for OTT streaming, IP TV and HbbTV operators
- As the Senior Technical Project Manager, you will be an essential part of our very committed and experienced product team and guide the integration process of Serverside.ai for our customers
- We offer flexible working hours and hybrid working mode
- You will be using state of the art tools like Jira and Confluence to manage the onboarding projects
- You have the chance to become a part of our rising products engagements with emerging technologies like Edge Computing, Artificial Intelligence and much more
- Working closely with our product management to require and prioritize customer-centric features and functionality to execute on a customer roadmap. With your experience in Streaming and IT projects you coordinate internal and external stakeholders to deliver on agreed business objectives and timelines.
- Jointly with the customer and internal teams define the onboarding and launch project and its objectives
- Create a project plan
- Manage the project plan
- Coordinate and manage resources
- Monitor and report on progress
- Control changes and deviations
- Manage risks and issues
- Finalize the project
- Document the project
- Evaluate the project
What we expect from you
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven experience in project management
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong technical background in Media- and Ad-Tech and OTT workflows
- Experience with agile methodology
- Experience with various software development methodologies
- Good understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiarity with various computer systems and networks
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good organizational skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical project manager or comparable positions in video streaming industry
- Leadership, coaching or mentoring experience
- Led an IT project that successfully delivered a new software system on time and within budget
- Managed a project that successfully upgraded an existing software system
- Led a project that successfully developed and implemented a new business process
- Managed a project that successfully deployed a new IT system
- Led a project that successfully launched a new product or service for a customer
- Managed a project that successfully redeveloped an existing product or service
- Managed a project that was successful in meeting its objectives
- Experience in the field of Streaming, IP TV, OTT TV, and Digital Media is a plus
- Fluency in English, spoken and written, is required; German language is a plus
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com