Video & TV Solutions Engineer
👫 About the team
Our highly dedicated Global Solutions Engineering team based in offices around the world, has both the art and the science for delivering customer satisfaction on product expertise.
Our team members share a passion for helping our clients to surpass their digital advertising business goals. They thrive in demanding environments, combine technical and consultative skills, and are ready to tackle the most complex challenges to empower our customers and internal teams to get the best of our solutions.
Within the team, you’ll be at the heart of successfully delivering and scaling of our Advanced TV strategy.
🚀 Video project
Hundreds of billions of dollars in the video market are shifting from traditional TV advertising execution to digital and addressable advertising. In this context, Smart is aiming at offering an independent alternative to the technology platforms of the GAFA for broadcasters and telcos to keep control of their advertising and data transactions platform.
Smart has a unique track record in building leading advertising technology & data infrastructure. We are the only fully integrated ad solution for publishers offering unique ad management & yield optimization capabilities as well as a mature monetization platform. With a strong video track record we are accelerating our development by growing ourvideo dedicated product suite and teams.
✍️ What you'll do
As the Video & TV Solutions Engineer, you will be the cornerstone of the success of this strategic development project for Smart, by helping customers unlock the full potential of the Smart platform for Video and Advanced TV ads.
We are looking for a Video & TV Solutions Engineer that is hard-working and self-starting. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a keen balance of technical ability with interpersonal skills to help customers understand how they can better benefit by using Smart’s solutions.
- Act as an identified Video and Advanced TV point of contact between the local business units globally and central Product / R&D teams in Europe, to amplify communication flows to and from the field
- Monitor Video Product Roll Out execution to ensure local teams are properly promoting and pushing new features, suggesting and implementing ad hoc action plans in each country
- Leverage client intelligence on the front line and aggregate, structure and prioritize local business unit needs to inform the product road map, contributing to shaping the 3 years product vision as a voice of the customers' advocate
- Assist the sales teams in key Video and Advanced TV pre-sales consulting to prospective clients with critical product expertise, in depth product demonstrations, assessing key needs and proposing the best solutions
- Participate in major RFPs and complex Video and Advanced TV projects, ensuring we always put our best foot forward in key consultations, leveraging central teams appropriately (Product, R&D, Marketing, Finance,…), and attending major client meetings/events
- Become a local product and domain expert to support internal teams and top tier clients in their technological choices and help driving adoption
- Propose and design advanced technical solutions, activating tech teams accordingly, planning and scheduling, performing tests, configurations, and implementations, and ensuring project objectives are delivered in a timely fashion and with high client satisfaction
- Share your Video and Advanced TV knowledge by assessing, coordinating, and providing local team trainings on specific Technical Sales, Account Management, Product, and Operations topics, as well as encouraging cross-team communication and actively helping sharing local best practices
💪 About you
- 3-5 years of experience in Tech Sales / Account Management, ideally in Ad Tech and combined with an Analyst / Product experience
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- Experience in the digital industry on complex video topics
- Tech background in ad tech-related technologies (JS, XML, JSON, API, etc) or technical solutions consulting, ideally with a focus on video monetization (IAB VAST & VMAP, Server-Side Ad Insertion)
- Knowledge in video delivery methods and formats: OTT (adaptive bitrate formats HLS and DASH, CDN delivery), Broadcast and IPTV (HbbTV, ATSC)
- Experience in a pre-sales environment, working directly with account management teams to help create new business as well as serving existing customers
- Demonstrable ability to work within a global team of engineers and product managers
- Passion for problem-solving, analytics, innovative solutions and advanced project management - you like to go deep into details and create robust solutions to seemingly impossible problems
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in both French and English and good follow-through Strong interpersonal skills and ability to stay cool under pressure
- Good personal organization and attention to detail
- Strong learning thirst and agility to learn fast and stay motivated in our fast-paced ad tech industry
- Highly proactive and with an entrepreneurial spirit, constantly looking for opportunities for improvement and to help people, proposing solutions before they reach you with a high degree of can-do attitude
👋 About us
Headquartered in France, Smart employs over 420 employees in 12 countries in Europe, America, and Asia. The company is backed by private equity, led by Capital Croissance through a management buyout operation in 2019.
With the recent acquisitions of LiquidM (2019) and DynAdmic (2021), Smart accelerates its growth in three key areas - CTV&OTT, US expansion & Marketer Services.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies. Smart has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Smart works directly with hundreds of buyers and more than 1,000 publishers worldwide including Meredith, Insider, The Guardian, Cafe Media, Groupe Marie Claire, Le Figaro, Altice, and PlutoTV to deliver display, video, native, and rich-media ads to over 50,000 sites and apps.
Thanks to its holistic ad monetization platform (Adserver/SSP/Buyer Tools/DSP), brands can achieve greater efficiency through their advertising spend and publishers can act with certainty and have the control they need to provide the right blend of transaction models, channels, format (Display, Audio, Video, CTV, Mobile) and audience data to deliver true value path optimization to brands. Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality.
Smart AdServer is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org