Data engineer intern
👫 About the team
At Equativ, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 3 millions requests per second managed by 3,000 servers.
Our innovation team based in Paris, Nantes, Limoges, Krakow and Berlin is composed of 100+ straightforward and energetic engineers working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
At Equativ, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 100 billions requests per day and above 40 Gbps of network traffic.
Our data engineering team is composed of 8 skilled engineers and is based in Paris. We are part of the R&D department which is composed of 120+ engineers spread across Paris, Nantes, Limoges, Krakow and Berlin all working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
The data engineers are split in two sub-teams working in close collaboration:
Pipeline team: Maintaining and enhancing the operationality of our on-premise and cloud data pipelines which feed our warehouses and APIs.
Feature team: Apply best in class data modeling and orchestrating data transformations in our warehouses, leading the day-to-day management of these warehouses.
- Our Data Engineering team is central to Equativ’s data centric business and is responsible to ingest, transform, model and redistribute all data coming from our ad tech platform.
- We aim at building scalable and robust Big Data platforms from ingestion to business actionable consumption. Our Big Data ecosystem must handle huge volumes (15 Tb per day), short & long term data storage, complex data modeling, real-time and batch ELT as well as providing external access through dedicated APIs.
- We enhance and deliver Equativ data directly to our customers and throughout the company whether it is for BI analysis, data science models feeding, customer reporting, invoicing and more.
- We rely on a top tier on-premise & cloud stack (Kafka, Flink, ClickHouse, Bigquery, Dataflow, Airflow, DBT…) and work hard to increase reporting capabilities, lower maintenance time, improve performances and simplify the access to our raw data.
What you will do
- As a data engineer intern, you will be supporting one of the two sub-team (pipeline or feature) in their tasks and projects:
- Proof of Concept of Clickhouse Cloud
- Improvement of the data transformation process with DBT, BigQuery and Airflow
- Development of new functionalities on our internal tools (APIs, software applications)
- Setup a data lineage application (castor doc)
- Support the data engineering team in their day-to-day activities
- Enhance our DevOps process with CI/CD and testing framework.
- Monitor performances and workflow of our applications using reporting tool (Grafana)
- Take part in improving and deploying data engineering standards, documentation and operational guidelines around data usage at Equativ
Take a leading part on a data engineering project such as but not limited to:
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study.
- Prior experience in data or software development related environment is desired.
- Experience with a cloud datawarehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Databrick,..) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of SQL and one other data programming language (Java preferred, Python, Scala..).
- Knowledge on the software development process (Git, CI/CD, test, scrum)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Strong interest in big data and cloud computing technologies.
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org