Finance Business Partner Director
New York City /
As our US Finance Business Partner, you'll be the financial backbone of the organization in the US, working closely with the US leadership team. You'll be responsible for all things money-related in the US (Finance and support to business) and will play a crucial role in shaping our financial strategies and decisions, in coordination with our HQ Finance Team in Paris. You’ll be the local sparring partner of our MDs and sales to ensure that we build a sustainable growth in the US, and adapt our policies to local market practice. The position reports to the group CFO, based out of Paris. Travels to Europe are to be expected.
What you'll do:
- Overseeing the preparation and analysis of financial statements of our two US entities.
- Cash management, relationship with our banks
- Merge of our two US entities into one with the support of our Legal team & counsels
- US tax supervision: Ensuring we stay compliant with all relevant financial regulations and tax obligations and work on improvements
- Support negotiations with suppliers (office change, significant suppliers, etc.)
- Support negotiations with clients (pricing, payment terms, liability caps, etc.) based on clear criteria from HQ, and supervise the local collections efforts in the US
- Leading and inspiring the local finance team (one accountant at this stage, possibly more once accounting internalized)
- Be the local relay of the HQ team for financial topics, be the face of finance in all local instances
Who you are:
- You've got at least 6 - 10 years of experience in financial management and have a track record of making smart financial decisions that boosted businesses
- Experience working in AdTech us a plus but not required
- You're not just a numbers cruncher; you've got a strategic mindset and can see the bigger picture. This position is heavily business oriented
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with US tax regulations
- Proven track record of negotiating with clients and suppliers
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
The annual salary range for this position is $150,000 - $180,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only we are open for negotiations on this role. Equativ considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at email@example.com