👫 About the team
At Equativ, we’re on a mission to develop advertising technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. This means that we rely on massively scalable, widely distributed, highly available, and efficient software systems; the platform deals with over 3 millions requests per second managed by 3,000 servers.
Our innovation team based in Paris, Nantes, Limoges, Krakow and Berlin is composed of 100+ straightforward and energetic engineers working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
Your mission 👇
Within infra BU you will join the Platform department that strives to develop and deploy self-serve tooling to empower our RnD team.
Our platform is gradually moving to a hybrid cloud platform. You will be joining as the second member of our cloud platform team:
- You will help deliver a smooth transition of our RnD team to a hybrid cloud architecture.
- You will be responsible for cloud governance and FinOps.
- You will provide help to our engineering teams in order to optimize costs of our GCP components
What you will do ✏️
As a Cloud engineer in our new cloud platform team your missions will be to:
- Design and develop self-serve tooling for our engineering teams to transition and maintain their workloads to the cloud.
- Design and instrumentalize Finops guidelines to manage the overall ROI of our cloud infrastructure.
- Help design and develop our cost management framework to help teams optimize their operational ROI.
- Propagate best-practices and know-how on cloud services and architectural patterns.
- Implement terraform modules to support our IAC approach on the cloud.
- Evaluate the CO2 savings associated with optimizing our cloud infrastructure usage.
About you 👋
- Master degree in Computer science or similar field of study.
- 1+ years of System, Cloud or Software Engineering experience ideally in the web industry.
- Autonomous and innovative mindset.
- Experience in GCP cloud governance for production projects and collaboration within a 5+ engineering team.
- Fluent with DevOps practices, specifically on Google Cloud Platform.
- Interested in the impact of technical decisions on business (finops approach) and environmental outcomes.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Nice to have:
- Experience in one or more of the following GCP topics: Finops, big data components for large datasets, Kubernetes administration.
- Experience working with IaC (Terraform or other).
- Experience in software development (Go, Python or equivalent).
How you'll grow 🚀
Within 1 month:
- You'll be just finishing your onboarding.
- You'll probably have tackled a few small tasks with your peer.
Within 4 months:
- You'll be trusted to review budget increases from development teams.
- You'll be expected to propose small-scale optimisations on our cloud architecture.
Within 9 months:
- You'll be in contact with most of the tech leads operating on GCP.
- You'll be evolving our terraform architecture to deploy resources to the cloud.
- You’ll start getting a grasp on the AdTech business.
👋 About us
Equativ is the new single name for Smart Adserver, DynAdmic, LiquidM and Nowtilus — four proven innovators in advertising technology. The vertically integrated company provides brand and privacy-safe solutions that empower its clients to achieve maximum impact while respecting the rights of consumers. The union combines client expertise and engineering excellence to serve the interests of both the supply- side and demand-side with equal professionalism and technical sophistication.
Headquartered in Paris and New York, Equativ operates globally with a team of more than 550 people in 20 offices. Equativ offers the market its own independent ad server, SSP, buyer tools, and media services to fulfill the promise of advertising technology. Learn more at Equativ.com.
The company is ranked on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA and in the Financial Times’ FT 1000: Europe’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Equativ (formerly Smart AdServer) has been awarded the HappyIndex@Work label and is proud to be among the best companies in the ChooseMyCompany ranking, recognized for its flexible working environment.
Come and lead the charge with us in building a transparent ecosystem based on quality!
Equativ is an equal opportunity employer. Equal access to employment, services, and programs are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation throughout the application and/or interview process, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org